Colby going full SJW on this one....

“Where’s the equality at?” Covington said. “All the people that are saying, ‘Oh, he’s a snitch, he went to the cops.’ Yeah, you know. You’re condoning violence because of free speech. You know what that’s called, Ariel? That’s called fascism. You know who else believed in fascism? Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. It’s not OK, Ariel. There will be justice served.

Lmao

Got to love the Hitler comparisons.

When backed into a corner, always go Hitler. 

wow

Colby ‘the snowflake’ Covington 

Aussie Shaun -

a 250 lb former UFC champion throwing a sharpened. heavy, piece of wood at you at point blank range.

colby could've been blinded, anyone else that got hit like that would've hit the deck, out cold.

shows how tough Colby is to still be standing.

Exactly the reason he (or anyone) should be mindful of what they say.

If you say offensive things in a sport around controlled violence, what do you expect to happen.  

In anything, you should play out the absolute worst circumstances of repercussions from what you’re about to say and/or do.  If you’re not good with it, don’t do it.

Anybody else like the way he caught the bag?

Boomerang hitting him was cool but bag catch caught my eye.

shady lane -

Colby ‘the snowflake’ Covington 

This.

It looks like he almost could have been killed. Where did the boomerang actually hit him? Does that qualify as attempted murder?

Unfortunately this is the world we live in. People think they can run their mouths because of the assumed protection of the law. Unfortunately for those people, occasionally they run into other people who are willing to demonstrate to them that the law actually provides no protection.

Colby is just continuing with the bitch move status that had him talking shit to a dude that would crush him in the first place. Colby always assumed the rule of law would protect him and now he expects the rule of law to punish the man that made hime into a bitch publicly. Too bad so sad playa. Your card got pulled. Its okay though you’re still a tough dude but we saw your limits, we saw you cower, and now you’re calling someone else to handle your shit.

So in the end we have a masterfully self marketing tool bag who is the antithesis of much what was admirable in the value systems transmitted by the traditional martial arts. Post-modernism versus Classicism. Of course he will attempt to trend SJW.

i dont mind talking mad shit, as long as youll answer to it

this is a huge bitch move

Wow, that’s even worse than i realized. I thought Colby was leaving and Werdum in frustration threw the boomerang and it glanced off his shoulder. Turns out Colby is right there willing to engage, and Werdum instead opts to throw the thing at his face, point blank range. I don’t call them cops or press charges on anyone. I wont even do it for someone else who’s a victim. Not my way of going about things. But what is Werdum thinking? If he’s willing to attack someone in that fashion, he has to be willing to pay the legal consequences. What a shame this is what UFC is.

Someone commented on an unrelated thread that Cormier’s opponent beat someone up (possibly a girl) in a Florida bar and now he’s behind bars. No details on that one or any knowledge if that’s even true, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me given how these guys have been acting lately (McGregor). . But is anyone surprised? Look at Dana White and his ridiculousness in public. This is about par for the course for UFC.

SinCityHustler - Wow, that's even worse than i realized. I thought Colby was leaving and Werdum in frustration threw the boomerang and it glanced off his shoulder. Turns out Colby is right there willing to engage, and Werdum instead opts to throw the thing at his face, point blank range. I don't call them cops or press charges on anyone. I wont even do it for someone else who's a victim. Not my way of going about things. But what is Werdum thinking? If he's willing to attack someone in that fashion, he has to be willing to pay the legal consequences. What a shame this is what UFC is.

Someone commented on an unrelated thread that Cormier’s opponent beat someone up (possibly a girl) in a Florida bar and now he’s behind bars. No details on that one or any knowledge if that’s even true, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me given how these guys have been acting lately (McGregor). . But is anyone surprised? Look at Dana White and his ridiculousness in public. This is about par for the course for UFC.

So McGregor is somehow behind the violence of professional cage fighter?

C’mon, man. You’ve been around too long to willfully draw that comparison. 

Did Tank Abbott need Conor to get into public fights? Did BJ Penn follow someone else’s lead when he beat up that cop fifteen years ago…or when he beat up his childhood friend four years ago?

Some guys who employ violence by trade also employ violence off the clock. Shouldn’t be shocking.

And to somehow attempt to connect a fighter’s penchant for violence to a sub cultural publicity trend in the business of mixed martial arts is bizarre and simply inaccurate. 

there is a huge problem with people now

they think its ok to provoke people

but its not ok pay for those actions

using a weapon is wrong

being a snitch is wrong

being a snitch after talking shit is even more wrong

and for people talking size

no weight classes on the street

this is reality aka real fighting

Werdum has become an emotional baby the past few years. Really sucks after spending his career being super humble and likable dating back to his pride days.

He seems to forget that the incident wouldn’t have happened if he wasn’t being a cunt.

Flannerz - He seems to forget that the incident wouldn't have happened if he wasn't being a cunt.

Being a cunt is a protected right.

Thankfully, however, some folks don’t give a fuck about that. 

Colby is still outwardly butt hurt but believe you me he learned a life lesson that day he won’t soon forget. 

Malvert the Janitor -
Flannerz - He seems to forget that the incident wouldn't have happened if he wasn't being a cunt.

Colby is still outwardly butt hurt but believe you me he learned a life lesson that day he won’t soon forget. 

The lesson being what exactly?  That filing charges and talking more shit keeps him in the news?  

Malvert the Janitor - 
SinCityHustler - Wow, that's even worse than i realized. I thought Colby was leaving and Werdum in frustration threw the boomerang and it glanced off his shoulder. Turns out Colby is right there willing to engage, and Werdum instead opts to throw the thing at his face, point blank range. I don't call them cops or press charges on anyone. I wont even do it for someone else who's a victim. Not my way of going about things. But what is Werdum thinking? If he's willing to attack someone in that fashion, he has to be willing to pay the legal consequences. What a shame this is what UFC is.

So McGregor is somehow behind the violence of professional cage fighter?

C’mon, man. You’ve been around too long to willfully draw that comparison. 

Did Tank Abbott need Conor to get into public fights? Did BJ Penn follow someone else’s lead when he beat up that cop fifteen years ago…or when he beat up his childhood friend four years ago?

Some guys who employ violence by trade also employ violence off the clock. Shouldn’t be shocking.

And to somehow attempt to connect a fighter’s penchant for violence to a sub cultural publicity trend in the business of mixed martial arts is bizarre and simply inaccurate. 

No, not at all. And we actually agree. If you follow cage fighting and you see what guys like Conor, Werdum, Cyborg, etc, do, it isn’t surprising when you read another cage fighter beat someone up in a bar. No one is saying he did it because those others did it, the point is as you stated, some cage fighters are violent outside the cage and we’re not surprised when we see it. Heck look at Conor for example.

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Malvert the Janitor -

The lesson being what exactly?  That filing charges and talking more shit keeps him in the news?  

You see, you’re looking for an intellectual lesson - some psychological epiphany that becomes a catalyst toward enlightenment. 

That’s not what I mean. 

Colby felt something in those moments he won’t EVER forget. He felt something that you and I, as outside observers, cannot appreciate. He - grown man who fights for a living - felt absolute fear and disempowerment. 

That punch shocked and hurt him - he told Ariel precisely that. Disoriented he was stalked and then boomeranged by an angry heavyweight. The pain of that wooden weapon slamming into his clavicle can only be imagined by you and I - I’m sure it still resonates with Colby. 

Colby is unbelievably angry right now and that anger stems from being completely emasculated (defend him all you want, he was) in front of (ultimately) millions. An alpha male ain’t shaking that from his ego any time soon.

Get it now?