Colby sparing with some novices.....

Cool video I just watched, didn't know if it was posted before. 

https://youtu.be/wby4hshCSXw

1 Like

Amazing how he adjusts to every level of the trainees

2 Likes
Sprawl'n'Stall - Amazing how he adjusts to every level of the trainees

That was great. The guy is a stud.

3 Likes

The real colby seems like a good dude. That one video where he's talking to the kid really showed the colby that isn't trying to play shit up for the camera. 

1 Like

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I mean I understand the reasons behind the persona and all, hell maybe he parlays into a wrestling career after. Why the hell not just be yourself when from most accounts, that person is a genuinely good dude. It worked incredibly well for GSP and made him millions just as well without the extra stress.

1 Like

Very cool.

Billyz - I mean I understand the reasons behind the persona and all, hell maybe he parlays into a wrestling career after. Why the hell not just be yourself when from most accounts, that person is a genuinely good dude. It worked incredibly well for GSP and made him millions just as well without the extra stress.

How many really good dudes are there that have fought on 10 undercards and nobody knows their name? 

That's why.

2 Likes
Billyz - I mean I understand the reasons behind the persona and all, hell maybe he parlays into a wrestling career after. Why the hell not just be yourself when from most accounts, that person is a genuinely good dude. It worked incredibly well for GSP and made him millions just as well without the extra stress.

GSP has movie star looks and an entire country behind him. He also started his UFC career with spectacular finishes.

Colby is from bum fuck Fresno and is a boring wrestler to most casuals.

He took the Mayweather playbook and ran with it. When Floyd was “pretty boy” and giving humble interviews he wasn’t drawing shit, he turned heel to make his money.

1 Like
Precise_Improvement -

GSP has movie star looks and an entire country behind him. He also started his UFC career with spectacular finishes.

Colby is from bum fuck Fresno and is a boring wrestler to most casuals.

He took the Mayweather playbook and ran with it. When Floyd was “pretty boy” and giving humble interviews he wasn’t drawing shit, he turned heel to make his money.

I think Colby is sexier than GSP, not to be a fag or anything.

1 Like

That was perfect level for each of them. Super cool.

1 Like

Cool kinda bummed I missed it... I found this place a week after all this. It’s just off base and has some good prospects in the pro ranks. 

Billyz - I mean I understand the reasons behind the persona and all, hell maybe he parlays into a wrestling career after. Why the hell not just be yourself when from most accounts, that person is a genuinely good dude. It worked incredibly well for GSP and made him millions just as well without the extra stress.

Well, now he COULD turn back to “normal” and still be popular. But, while I’m sure he is a “good guy” in many aspects of his life, he has been disliked or downright hated by a lot of former teammates so that persona might not be as fake as you’d think. Exaggerated, overdone, sure. But based on some reality…

He sure was popular when facing Whiny Woodley and then thrashing Lebron “China crybaby” James.

1 Like

That was extremely cool.  I could watch that stuff for hours.  Great post OP.  

Colby looks like a legit dope dude here… Looks like an AWESOME training partner for all!!

That's how it should be done. They will all remember this session and it will be such a positive for them.

I've seen these kind of videos with Coby when he isn't in character - very cool and good guy.

Hopefully one day he drops the persona for us, after he earns some millions.

2 Likes

Can’t stand Colby, but this is a very cool video. Very positive gym atmosphere.

ShortElbowInTheClinch -

That was extremely cool.  I could watch that stuff for hours.  Great post OP.  

Beep

wiggum - Can't stand Colby, but this is a very cool video. Very positive gym atmosphere.

I’ll also say that I have found real training benefits from training with novices under a similar set of conditions. Especially novices that are pretty athletic.