Colby turned down Woodley

According to Dana at the presser. 

Is money really the issue here?

2 Likes

Colby wants to fight for the real title with Usman. I think that's his focus.

5 Likes
StrikingMMA - Colby wants to fight for the real title with Usman. I think that's his focus.

I agree but Dana also said he turned down Usman first, then Woodley

Mike OxBIG - 
StrikingMMA - Colby wants to fight for the real title with Usman. I think that's his focus.

If that is true then I don’t understand what Colby is doing…does he not want the title or does he know Usman would hut him badky?

Colby says they won't pay him and offering him less than his last fight. And you guys are saying he's scared. If they offered him less for usman how much you think they offered him for Woodley

1 Like
Mike OxBIG - 

“Dana also said”

1 Like
Vikingknee -

Colby says they won't pay him and offering him less than his last fight. And you guys are saying he's scared. If they offered him less for usman how much you think they offered him for Woodley

I'm not saying the UFC is always honest and I also think that Colby deserves the shot... but it's becoming clear at this point that Colby is responsible for a lot of his own undoing. Every time the UFC tries to give him a fight, there's some sort of problem.... not sure how much of this has to do with money, his management, or UFCs impatience with how difficult he has been. 

He's made more enemies than any fighter I can remember on the UFC roster. It's catching up to him. 

Woodley doesn't deserve Colby.  Usman vs Chaos is the only fight to make.

2 Likes

Trying to make coin- have to respect the hustle

1 Like

So the UFC lowballs him, he says I want more and he turns down a fight?

I don't believe a single word the fat bald rounded bozo speaks.

3 Likes

Only thing more entertaining than the possibility of seeing Colby face planted is seeing him sidelined and reminded how low of a rung he's on

1 Like
Vikingknee -

Literally no one said he was scared

shaqitup -

So the UFC lowballs him, he says I want more and he turns down a fight?

I don't believe a single word the fat bald rounded bozo speaks.

I mean I don't believe BLAF either, but do you really believe a word that Colby says? 

Every time he is inbetween fights, his next potential opponent is "ducking him". It's a constant problem with him, more so than anybody else. He just says he is being ducked until it eventually gets out that he turned down the fight. 

I'm more than a proponent of fighter pay, but there's a difference between trying to get what you deserve, and pissing off the people you work for. If he just took the fights, he would have made more money already and he would have more negotiating power when his contract is up. 

Contracts. Can someone explain to me what I'm not getting. 

I understand when he says he deserves more, but Christ... Take the hit, win the belt and become undeniable.

Kimbos Lice -

Contracts. Can someone explain to me what I'm not getting. 

100% if you signed a contract agreeing to an amount then tough shit, fight it out.

Mike OxBIG -
Vikingknee -

Literally no one said he was scared

Literally every Colby thread on the subject has a bunch of bullshit about him being scared. 

ducks18 -

Woodley doesn't deserve Colby.  Usman vs Chaos is the only fight to make.

This. 

why would you agree to fight the guy who lost the belt to Usman!? lol Blaf just make the fight already. Stop nickle and diming.

As annoying as colby is, he earned his shot at the title, ufc needs to pay them both and make the fight happen

1 Like