Coleman/Bonnar

I initially thought Coleman would win easily, then changed my mind after I saw how bad he looked at the weigh-ins. Then of course there were the legions of trolls here trumpeting how awesome he looked in the fight.

Coleman looked like shit. Gassed in the first round and Stephan fucking Bonnar easily stopped 4 or 5 of his takedowns in a row in the second round and only got taken down because he went for a dumb spinning kick and spun right into his arms.

I think Bonnar deserved the win. He easily won the first round and I think he won the second. He was picking Coleman apart on the feet and stuffing his takedowns. On the ground he landed more strikes from the bottom than Coleman did from the top and went for subs. Coleman was holding on for dear life. If it weren't for ONE elbow Coleman landed -- his first -- that happened to open a nasty cut, I don't think it would even be debatable.

Coleman only won the third round.

I don't think Coleman would get past Matt Hamill at this point.

i never thought that he could get past a lion like matt hamill who is in his prime. in fact 13 yrs ago, coleman first stepped into the cage at the age of 31. if you compare apples to apples... coleman at the same age as hamill would have an easy time against hamill.

agree that bonnar fight was very close.

"coleman at the same age as hamill would have an easy time against hamill."

Without a doubt.

I just wanted to post because while the majority of those singing his praises are terribly unfunny trolls, some actually think Coleman is a "bad matchup" for some actual top guys. The fact that he barely beat, and in my opinion should have lost to, Stephan Bonnar says that is bullshit. Bonnar has no wrestling, no power, and always gasses, and I think he beat Coleman.

most of them are just being trolls. i just find it inspiring that a 44yr old guy still competes and shows passion for the sport.

Coleman 29/28

having cre on your bandwagon is like .... well, use your imagination

its all about the money honey

"Why are you bashing Stephan Bonnar"

Who's bashing him? Do you think he has a lot of punching power? Do you think his wrestling is up there? Do you think he has exceptional cardio?

frb lets see your photos with you and coleman with your fists up faggot

Agreed

Bonnar lost the fight the second he tried to get flashy with the spinning kicks.

Coleman looked like a zombie. He looked like he saved all of his enery for the post fight celebration..

JimmersonzGlove -  Coleman won the 2nd & 3rd.

It's sad to see Coleman haters in action.

HULKSMASH - Bonnar lost the fight the second he tried to get flashy with the spinning kicks.

Coleman looked like a zombie. He looked like he saved all of his enery for the post fight celebration..

Agreed. Even though his last two fights have been close, he looked like a zombie in both fights. I don't know if it's his age catching up to him, the weight cutting, or a bit of both, but he's been looking pretty bad lately.

I don't know if it's his age catching up to him, the weight cutting, or a bit of both, but he's been looking pretty bad lately. -Strung56

Looking so bad that he pushed title challenger(Shogun) to the limit without even having a proper training camp.

Then followed that up with convincingly beating Bonnar. Meanwhile before the fight all the "experts" on the UG said Coleman would gas and be submitted.

i too thought bonnar won 2 rounds

i agree the spin kick was a huge mistake

ranier wolfcastle -  i too thought bonnar won 2 rounds

Hi Cecil Peoples, thanks for coming here

frontrowbrian - 
ranier wolfcastle -  i too thought bonnar won 2 rounds
Bonnar probably won R1. 

There were only 3 rounds so I can't figure out the other one he won. 

Bonnar got his head split open by the Antidote in R2 and was dominated in R3. 

Going for desperate submissions because you're getting the head knocked in isn't grounds for winning a round. That was Bonnar's only answer to the Antidote. He couldn't get out from under him, couldn't keep the fighting standing. You could see the look of dejection in Bonnar's face as the clock was ticking and he couldn't get the Antidote off him

After 3 rounds of fighting... look at the Antidote and look at Bonnar and tell me which one had been in a fight

tttruth

"There were only 3 rounds so I can't figure out the other one he won. "

Round 2. He was picking Coleman apart on the feet and stopping all his takedowns (4 or 5 of them). Then he tried a spinning kick and spun right into Coleman, who managed to finally drag him down. Coleman landed ONE elbow that opened a cut. Bonnar landed more strikes from the bottom in that round than Coleman did from the top. He also had a couple sub attempts. More strikes landed standing + more strikes landed on the ground + more sub attempts = winning the round.

coleman going to get f'd up in november

autoplay asshole, I hope your children get cancer.