Coleman's Neck ....

Coleman mentioned how he was feeling healthy for the first time in a long time. He recently had the Kurt Angle neck fusion surgery on his neck. At the end of the fight you could see him wincing in pain from the armbar AND his neck. Fedor cranked the ever living hell out of it with a guillotine that Coleman was almost caught in. Then he hit Coleman with a big knee.

It was kinda sad to see Coleman go out like that since I htink he is much better than the result.

I still think it's silly that Coleman and Fedor fight each other first round and Silva and Sentoryu (sp?) also fight each other. Both Coleman and Cro Cop (as well as Kevin Randleman and Fedor, had they lost) desrved to be in the elite eight IMO.

ttt

They had Coleman fight Fedor because Pride wants Fedor to lose. Fedor is very unpopular when it comes to bringing in $. He's not a fan favorite in Japan in the way that Cro-Cop was with his explosiveness. Fedor also is a very quiet guy. It doesn't sell well.

Fedor is my favorite. Unfortunately I think Pride will give him another tough fight next round :(

fedor will have the toughest road to the finals and still win the tourney IMO.

I have no idea why everyone thinks Pride wanted Fedor to lose. First of all, most of us never thought Coleman had a chance. Secondly, Fedor can't be that unpopular if all the other promotions have tried (and in Inoki's case, succeeded) to pay him big bucks to get him to fight on their shows.

He is just very damn good. I think the Japanese respect that as much as everyone else.

Fedor isn't unpopular by any means. In the Japanese PPV they always have him in a sweater vest selling Pride's interactive cellular phone webpage. He is on the front of every poster they make. He is getting mroe popular.

Mirko is more popular, but beating Bob Sapp (note that Mino did it too) will do that. Inoki is smart because Fujita is going to beat Sapp.

I was very impressed with Coleman. He dominated Fedor with his wrestling and brute strenght. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that Fedor is also a judo and sambo expert and not just a GNP type of fighter.

Sothy is correct.

Fedor is fairly popular - he has been on covers of several magazines, etc. Everyone (who follows MMA) knows who he is because he pounded the fuck out of Minotauro. His performances are what gives him his popularity, as everyone knows that Fedor is going to bring some serious beatdowns to every match. I think there are fans who like his respectful manner, and his cold in-ring demeanor as well.

When did Coleman dominate Fedor?He got taken out in 2 minutes.

Pride doesn't have anybody at HW who can fuck with Fedor, including Cro Cop. I think the only fighter who could give Fedor a hard time right now is Arlovski.

fedor = russian killing machine

"In the Japanese PPV they always have him in a sweater vest selling Pride's interactive cellular phone webpage."

Gawd those commericals are terrible. Love the sweater vest though.

"In the Japanese PPV they always have him in a sweater vest selling Pride's interactive cellular phone webpage."

I laughed my ass off the first time i saw that.

In the Japanese PPV they always have him in a sweater vest selling Pride's interactive cellular phone webpage."

Can a picture of Fedor riding a giant banana wearing a prince charming costume be far behind.

Fedor had to hit the submission early while he was fresh and he did it. He would have continued to be dominated on the ground if he would not have pulled this submission off. The longer the fight went the less likely Fedor would have got a submission.

Fedor is THE man in the sport right now. Coleman will always be a difficult opponent for anyone.

The reason DSE hoped for Fedor to be eliminated is for political reasons tied to Inoki show and that they would have loved Cro Cop to win it all.