collar choking ur rash guard or te

I was wondering if it is bad form to collar choke ur opponents rash guard or even there t-shirt???

I was also wondering if u find it bad form to grab the heck out of someones t-shirt to the point of it ripping???

I just find it really f'en annoying when u are doing no gi grappling and u have some idiot pretending that ur t-shirt or rash guard is a gi. And after ur done training u have to buy a new rash guard because 1) ur fricken collar on ur rash guard or t-shirt looks like the t-shirt in flash dance or 2) ur t-shirt or rash guard has a big rip in it and it is no longer wearable And that is more god dam money to spend..

Ever encounter this problem.. What do u say???

In no-gi one should collar choke by grabing the cup or athletic supporter.

Why not just ask them not to?

"Why not just ask them not to?"

"this guys excuse is in a real fight, you can grab what ever".....

man this is annoying when i find someone grabbing onto my shit. because this is not a real fight its training.

In no-gi, I would tell them to stop grabbing my shirt. That's retarded.

Also many guys in the street will not collar choke you with a hanes t-shirt...they may pull on it all girly, but there will be no techniques as far as I have seen.

Not cool.

"this guys excuse is in a real fight, you can grab what ever"....."

My counter to that excuse would be: "ok, then be ready for me to punch you in the face from mount cause thats what I'D do in a real fight!"

like shorts... I don't care if u grab onto them but ur t-shirt man is just bad frickne form...

"this guys excuse is in a real fight, you can grab what ever"

start punching him in the balls then, real fight and all

In no gi I collar choke with excess neck skin

No-Gi = not grabbing clothes at all. That's what the gi is made for and made to withstand. Rashguards and grappling shorts are not made to withstand grabbing and tearing and they cost too much to have some no-gi challenged zealot ripping them to shreds...

"no-gi challenged zealot"

gentlemen, i believe a new phrase has been coined!

ive had this problem before, the guy said "ina reel fite i could do it.."

after many days of having my tee shirt collar big enough to jum through i came up wit a solution. 

while in his guard he attempted a 'collar choke'  so i grabbed his shirt by the collar and ripped the holy shite outta it. 

put a stop to that dumb bs.

Dont grab shorts when Cam is reffing....he gets a little upset....LOL

shocking form. Your not in gi's.

I say wear a long sleeve rashguard and sleeve choke the hell out of the
douche who does tries that.

Take your clothes off and see if he wants to grapple then. This ultimatum should stop him from grabbing your shirt.

One of my biggest pet hates is when people do stuff like that in no gi. No gi to me means no gripping of clothing. people have slip ups here and there, but grupping someones rashie collar and trying to choke them with it is just a no no. And it'll tear a T shirt or Rashie's collar up real fast.

Oh I just remembered! A good friend and training partner of mine who is an incredible grappler but has a short hilarious fuse, was rolling while wearing earguards one day. He was rolling with a guy who's sole purpose in life is to defend and stall. This guy kept grabbing my friend's earguards and twisting them around his head. My friend kept telling him not to. Finaly though he got fed up with it, stretched him out with a long guard holding both his wrists and heelkicked him in the face. Gave him a mean black eye. :) hahaha That'll learn him!

BUFFEGO is correct. The best thing is these are the same guys that will NEVER roll with a gi, yet always want to play by a different set of rules (ie they always tap after getting swept and positionally dominated, etc but will want to do "streetfighting" whenever favorable for them).