College and work question

Sup guys! I have been blessed with a second chance and I am receiving scholarships to cover my tuition cost. I am also receiving pell grant for other cost. I currently work full time at a bullshit restaurant as a assistant manager. It pays the bills but it takes a lot out of me. (Cheap people,ratchets etc)I was thinking about taking a part time job at the college's IT dept then going to school full time. What do you think?

As long as you don't mind not having much free time then go for it. You'll have to work really hard but it'll be worth suffering in the short term Phone Post 3.0

Good luck man. You sound like a hard working, enterprising dude. Just remember to balance your course load and work load. Phone Post 3.0

Working somewhere on campus/at your college is nice because they will work around your class schedule and are understanding about the stress of being a student and having a job Phone Post 3.0

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Have a bachelors degree in broadcasting and wound up a manager at a supermarket. I hate it there and am going to get an associates degree in marketing. I'm trying to decide if I should keep my job or go back to part time while I'm in school. Phone Post 3.0

Meekie - Working somewhere on campus/at your college is nice because they will work around your class schedule and are understanding about the stress of being a student and having a job Phone Post 3.0
This.

Congrats and good luck OP! Phone Post 3.0

I got awarded a scholarship that I earned 11 years ago. Its awesome the state saved it for me. I also received a STEM scholarship. I was doing the math and I would have left over money from my grants to make up pay. I should of never dropped out of college in 2007. Lesson learned. Im ready to tell these 18 year olds at my job to fuck off. lol

Would you judge me If I transferred to Indiana University? Man all that tail. ;)

This is such a no-brainer, I don't understand why it's even a thread. An effectively free roll of the dice vs idling by at a low-ceiling, low-reward dead end.

& that's before factoring in the respective dollar values of college pussy vs restaurant pussy.

BarkLikeADog - This is such a no-brainer, I don't understand why it's even a thread. An effectively free roll of the dice vs idling by at a low-ceiling, low-reward dead end.

& that's before factoring in the respective dollar values of college pussy vs restaurant pussy.
Vote up. I was on the fence Thanks Phone Post 3.0

PS IU is great.

Got a job offer to work at a sign and graphics business. Its not quiet what I wanted but the owner will let me be the "IT" guy to fix office problems with computers and printers etc. Also I would get in charge of editing vinyls on illustrator and printing them off.Fuck it its better than slaving at fast food and pays better. Ill just have to twist my experience to stay relevant in the IT world.

That's how i got my master's degree, dude. Worked at the college and went to school full time at night.

Has been TOTALLY worth it.

Find a college that has online courses. I work full time and am going to school full time. Phone Post 3.0

I was the shirtless dude at Abercrombie in college. Maybe you can try that Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Find a college that has online courses. I work full time and am going to school full time. Phone Post 3.0
Im finishing up all the classes that are required in person and moving to online Phone Post 3.0