College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

Fan of Fanboys - 

Dish and Direct makeup 99% of satellite and 1/3 of all subscribers. Spectrum has it and they're the largest cable provider

Not everyone does but certainly most do 

I stand corrected on Dish then, I read on an article earlier today that they didn't have it yet.

According to this article they reached a "handshake" last minute deal with Dish

https://247sports.com/Article/ACC-Network-Dish-Network-first-game-handshake-deal-134913888/

And from that article above:
"
As of late August, ACC Network has found itself in a bit of a tough spot, as they have yet to finalize deals with several cable and satellite television providers - which is sure to cause fans a terrible inconvenience. One of the providers that ACC Network has yet to agree to terms with is DISH Network. But for the special circumstance of Week One, DISH Network is extending an olive branch to the league, its teams, and its fans.

According to a report by John Ourand of Sports Business Journal, DISH Network will show ACC Network on Thursday night, as it airs its first-ever game between the Clemson Tigers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. In addition, ACC Network and ACC Network Extra have both been added as a free preview to Sling TV's Orange package. According to Ourand, no deal has been signed between the two parties, making their agreement essentially a "handshake deal".

B Sharps - And from that article above:
"
As of late August, ACC Network has found itself in a bit of a tough spot, as they have yet to finalize deals with several cable and satellite television providers - which is sure to cause fans a terrible inconvenience. One of the providers that ACC Network has yet to agree to terms with is DISH Network. But for the special circumstance of Week One, DISH Network is extending an olive branch to the league, its teams, and its fans.

According to a report by John Ourand of Sports Business Journal, DISH Network will show ACC Network on Thursday night, as it airs its first-ever game between the Clemson Tigers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. In addition, ACC Network and ACC Network Extra have both been added as a free preview to Sling TV's Orange package. According to Ourand, no deal has been signed between the two parties, making their agreement essentially a "handshake deal".

It was a last minute deal over the last two days, and I think only available through certain packages.

It's still a joke. DirecTV is the largest satellite provider and it only has 21 million subscribers. Compare that to Comcast, who has the largest subscription base of 113 million, and you realize why so many people can't view it.

GaTech's punter is thick 

What other conference channel has been better at launch? SEC network and who else?

Not perfect but they got 99% of the satellite market, largest cable provider, and major streaming services in era of cord cutting. If it's popular the other cable providers will sign on. If not they won't

Whoop! BTHO t state 

Any lurking UCLA fans in the house?

You guys are a complete shit show.

Fan of Fanboys -

GaTech's punter is thick 

Thiccc** 

itskrisdude - 

That AAC speed is killing them...

Fan of Fanboys -

What other conference channel has been better at launch? SEC network and who else?

Not perfect but they got 99% of the satellite market, largest cable provider, and major streaming services in era of cord cutting. If it's popular the other cable providers will sign on. If not they won't

They're not the largest cable provider by anything other than number of states. They have less subscribers, and less revenue than Comcast.

99% of the satellite market is like being the tallest midget, especially when a portion of that market is limited to certain packages. 

The Pac-12 network is a joke, and even they managed to lock down just about everything but DirecTV at launch.

B Sharps -
itskrisdude - 

I like their defensive strategy of 10 yard cushions for all receivers.

itskrisdude - 
B Sharps -
itskrisdude - 

I like their defensive strategy of 10 yard cushions for all receivers.

Ha, they was a hell of a turnover by UCLA. He just gave that away.

Cinci got lucky there.

Refs bailed out Cincy, that was a fumble.

That was a fumble. Cincy got saved. 

That was indeed a fumble.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

itskrisdude - 

I am really surprised by them. I expected them to be improved, at least

1 Like
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

I am really surprised by them. I expected them to be improved, at least

Me too. That was really bad.

Fan of Fanboys - 

Trevor has wheels

Absolutely

His stat line is terrible today... 1 TD 2 INT

The "Heisman Curse", as he was the favorite to win The Heisman, must be getting to him...

Same thing as Sam Darnold in 2017...

Sure #1 pick... Heisman Favorite...waaa waaa... (Price is Right horn)

The score is what I'd thought it would be

But geez... his stat line will immediately hurt his Heisman chances...

Do defenses have him figured out? Is he starting to telegraph his habits? Yikes... Too much film on him? Extra motivation to play great against him for Defensive Backs and Safety's?

I feel for the kid...

Yes... it's Game 1...

The score is what we thought it would be...

But that stat line isn't...

SgtJustinTeplitz - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

Trevor has wheels

Absolutely

His stat line is terrible today... 1 TD 2 INT

The "Heisman Curse", as he was the favorite to win The Heisman, must be getting to him...

Same thing as Sam Darnold in 2017...

Sure #1 pick... Heisman Favorite...waaa waaa... (Price is Right horn)

The score is what I'd thought it would be

But geez... his stat line will immediately hurt his Heisman chances...

Do defenses have him figured out? Is he starting to telegraph his habits? Yikes... Too much film on him? Extra motivation to play great against him for Defensive Backs and Safety's?

I feel for the kid...

Yes... it's Game 1...

The score is what we thought it would be...

But that stat line isn't...

his passing, especially in the first half, was off. interceptions, passing high/low. I think that will get cleaned up but who knows.

but he had some really good runs, including one that was called back. but what really impressed me was him running down the guy who caught his interception and knocking him out of bounds. very few QBs 1) would have put in that effort in a game like this 2) have been capable of doing that. that was a Heisman-level play.

I don't think Trevor will continue to have the big runs he had today. And I think he still has plenty of time to be in the Heisman talk. I do feel like this is a game where he was more impressive watching him than he was reading his stat line

Overall I am impressed with GaTech too. More than I was with Miami or Florida. GaTech is fighting, they have forced 3 turnovers, and they are breaking in a drastically different scheme. They have had all the breaks go against them and the offense needs players to fit the new scheme. But they've played hard and tough