College Football

Well the first week is pretty much in the books. While the ACC and Big Ten took some serious losses against non conference opponents, the nations elite looked pretty good.

Georgia, OSU, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, Mizzu all looked great in week one.

Granted only a few of these teams faced off against a team with a pulse. But OSU's field goal kicking against a staunch Yougstown State D was impressive to watch.

What do you mean by "only a few of these teams faced off against a team with a pulse"?   Other than Missouri - none of those teams faced anyone substantial.

And don't give me any bullshit about Virginia being a good team.  They lost the 2 guys that gave them success last year - Long and Fitzgerald (21 sacks combined).  On offense, guard Branden Albert left for the NFL and they have a new QB. 

I wouldn't be puffing out my chest too far for beating up on them.

Mizzou looked great? What game were you watching? The defence looked bad. They were bailed out by the O time and time again.

Bama looked by far the best in my opinion, at least from what I was expecting.  My God This Terrance Cody, their juco transfer nose tackle.  6'5 365 and was the main reason Clemson's hyped running attack netted ZERO yards. 

John Parker Wilson played great, and the O-line looks to be one of the best in the nation.

Smith made a big impact on the left side I was watching him the whole game, he is truely a rare talent.

But Terrance Cody, how do you stop that guy?

Alco Hauler - What do you mean by "only a few of these teams faced off against a team with a pulse"?   Other than Missouri - none of those teams faced anyone substantial.

And don't give me any bullshit about Virginia being a good team.  They lost the 2 guys that gave them success last year - Long and Fitzgerald (21 sacks combined).  On offense, guard Branden Albert left for the NFL and they have a new QB. 

I wouldn't be puffing out my chest too far for beating up on them.

Unfortunately for you and other Buckeye fans the rest of the world logically can conclude that going into Virginia and smashing a credible team on its own soil, has a little more weight than playing Youngstown State in the Shoe. Especially, considering that the Bucks were held to field goals on like 4 consecutive possessions.

Which is why USC is now the consensus number 1 team in the nation. Georgia I'm assuming lost some status by allowing 27 points to be put on the board and of course because of the injuries.

Im not so sure that Virginia is even credible (they were predicted to go 4-4). But damn I was impressed when the USC D gave top LT candidate Eugene Monroe the skittles and he jumped offside twice in a row. That RESPECT right there; and thats a good player scared shitless of that D. And rightfully so.

That USC D should make an impression this week

^ im brilliant ...but even i thought OSU might be able to put up as many points as virgina