College removes word “freedom”reminds students....

College Removes Word ‘Freedom’ From ID Cards Because It Reminds Some Students Of ‘Slavery’

Freedom is slavery

Published

1 min ago 

on

25 June, 2020

Steve Watson

Getty Images / DrRave

•  

A university in Pennsylvania is to remove the word ‘freedom’ from ID cards after a few students created a petition complaining that the word is offensive to minorities because it reminds them of ‘slavery’.

Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania now plans to change  its “Freedom Cards” to “RMU ID Cards,” Campus Reform reports after students created a petition that argued black students feel “dehumanized” by the term ‘freedom card’.

The term “has made minority students (black students in particular) feel like we are being dehumanized. Gifting us with IDs that grant us our ‘freedom’ is of extremely poor taste. Especially coming from a University that is named after a slave owner,” the petition claims.

“We would like to rename our Freedom Cards to something that is not insensitive,” it further demands.

It continues, “If Robert Morris University is the welcoming place that the other 76 percent of students know and love; we ask that these changes be made so that minority students can also feel that same pride in being a Colonial.”

It had only received 130 signatures when the RMU Dean of Students immediately caved, and announced that the name and design of the cards is to be changed.

Jonathan Potts, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations at RMU, told Campus Reform that a name change of the card was already being discussed anyway:

“We had already been planning to redesign and rename our student, faculty, and staff identification cards to make them more widely recognized on campus and more easily communicate their purpose,” Potts said, adding that the school “nonetheless thought the time was right to communicate it to the students for whom it was a concern.”

It happens to be George Orwell’s birthday today (25th June). What was it that he wrote about freedom and slavery in 1984?

Those students need to be removed...

3 Likes

Absurd leftist shit, as per usual.

2 Likes

This is why you can't say yes to ANYTHING leftists ask for. If we suddenly gave them everything they are asking for today, tomorrow it wouldn't be enough and they would ask for more.

They have been told they have the right to expect fairness in a world that is inherently, uncontrollably, unfair.

4 Likes

Ironically, papers or some other method identifying themselves as having received freedom is exactly what slaves and former slaves cherished.
For people who’ve never had it to the degree we have it or haven’t had to fight for it, freedom is so undervalued it’s heartbreaking. Why we don’t lift high the mantle of freedom that came with slavery’s end but instead cling dearly to the dark side of that sinful institution I will never know.
Also, there are more people in slavery today than at any other time in human history.

Moron's don't know what freedom means anymore..

in

Another thread OG liberals will avoid 

1 Like

I need to hide in the mountains already. I don’t understand society anymore.

Cire -

It happens to be George Orwell’s birthday today (25th June). What was it that he wrote about freedom and slavery in 1984?

This is eerie. 

Interesting perspective.  I would have imagine that most peeps would associate the word freedom positively.  I wonder if a large segment of African Americans view it that way or if it is just some random few.  If it is a perception of a majority of blacks then there really is a much bigger overall difference in perspective then I imagined.

I always thought Robert Morris was a black school anyway? Lets see them try that shit at Penn or PSU. 

So I had a credit card that was actually called a freedom card.  My take on the lame marketing was that the card was supposed to give you options and choices.  So then I take it the kids took as saying you aren't free unless you have the means to have access to the stuff via the card?  Did they take offense then due to historic economic disparity?  That is a rather complex perceptive thought process, especially if it invokes a significant emotional response.  Not sure if they were looking too deeply into it due to their young age.  The ability to perceive the nuances of different perspective does seem to be a disappearing skill though and even more so the ability to discuss it.  I blame constant social media but now I am rambling

SpunQ -

National anthem next.

You damn right the National Anthem will be in the crosshairs at some point. I could see the US flag being up for cancellation due to it being offensive. Nothing is off limits with these lunatics.  

Don't for one minute believe these leftist hacks that say it's no big deal and you are overreacting. That is exactly what they want you to think.

Everyone who isn't insane should be pissed off at what is happening in this country. 

1 Like
TexDeuce -
SpunQ -

National anthem next.

You damn right the National Anthem will be in the crosshairs at some point. I could see the US flag being up for cancellation due to it being offensive. Nothing is off limits with these lunatics.  

Don't for one minute believe these leftist hacks that say it's no big deal and you are overreacting. That is exactly what they want you to think.

Everyone who isn't insane should be pissed off at what is happening in this country. 

VTFU bro. This fuckin shit ain’t funny 

Colleges really are idiot farms.  

1 Like

So is it that we should never forget slavery or we should never remember it?

Holy fuck what whiney weak little bitches. 

CuddleBug -

So is it that we should never forget slavery or we should never remember it?

Let them wipe out every idea of it so they don’t have it to blame anymore, then see what they blame next for their shortcomings and criminal prone ways