College...

Was flipping chnls and caught the tail-end of a CNBC or something special about cost of college ed.

What is UH up to now?....IIRC was around $2500 semester for undergrad when I went.

In the show there was a couple in the show owed over $200K for his masters and hers bachelors ed.....:O

Another family had a daughter that wasn't worried about her family footing her $30K/year ed and was looking at going for her masters :O

How about the private colleges like HPU, what do they run nowadays? When I looked at them I think they were around $9K/semester.

Been thinking about schooling lately, looking at paralegal program at KCC rather than JD at UH. All outta GI Bill bennies so I gotta foot the bill by doing amputee pron or maybe even ghey!

but midgets don't do it for me :(

Anybody else saw the show?.....JEEBUS!

People gotta be nuts to pay for private colleges nowadays!

state unis FTW?

Why do you think people are robbing more bank's nowaday's.

i'm not sure if college does more harm than good in many cases.

also, parents should not be allowed to pay for their kids college, rather, the kids should be forced to work and put themselves through school. gives most of those fucken delusional ingrates a fucken reality check.

oh, and we still need to draft all their fucken asses for a mandatory 2 years first. (you can put off while you're in school--then, BOOF you're in)

and i'm fucken serious.

oh yeah, and that doesn't apply for girls. they shouldn't be in the military.

My sister (USC) and my brother (Puget Sound) both owed in excess of 100k after finishing Grad school.

i had 10k when i left Portland State. They don't make that much more than me.

So who's the smart one now mutherfukkers?!

That's what i ask my parents.

FCTV808 - oh yeah, and that doesn't apply for girls. they shouldn't be in the military.

i disagree, all those feminazi chicks who think they own a pair and do shit like cut you off on the freeway without signalling or warning while talking on their phone and still give YOU the finger, should have equal opportunity of death imo.

SubdudePsyche - 
FCTV808 - oh yeah, and that doesn't apply for girls. they shouldn't be in the military.

i disagree, all those feminazi chicks who think they own a pair and do shit like cut you off on the freeway without signalling or warning while talking on their phone and still give YOU the finger, should have equal opportunity of death imo.

from being in w/ that type, i can say on paper, yes, in reality, NO.

you wind up picking up the slack for them. and when you try to regulate, some fucken faggot white knight will jump in.

dissension becomes a problem because those white knights deserve to die.

Ha, after my MSW I'm looking at 100k and my wife is finishing her Pharm D. this year with 100k+ in loans.

The awesome part for me is that if I pay the minimum for 10 years (well a few years less now as I've been paying) because I'm in social work the government will forgive my debt.

We are looking at working federal gov. because they pay back 10k a year on top of a decent salary.

Kids should only be allowed to borrow if they have a degree that will pay. Borrowing 50k for anything in the college of liberal arts is asking for a life of slavery.

Once you have a school loan nothing can save you. Bankruptcy etc. won't work, best bet is leaving the country lol.

LoL at paying for school.

If your kid is ambitious, hard working, and goal oriented, college will at least not be a waste.

I know a guy whose parent paid for his four years at Pepperdine. Was a big partier in HS but mom didn't know. Mom was super proud and talked her kid up about how he will become a professional man. He spent 5 years at Pepperdine and majored in HISTORY!!!!! He now teaches in middle school.

WASTE THE PARENT'S MONEY THAT CLOWN!!!!!

FCTV808 - 
SubdudePsyche - 

from being in w/ that type, i can say on paper, yes, in reality, NO.

you wind up picking up the slack for them. and when you try to regulate, some fucken faggot white knight will jump in.

dissension becomes a problem because those white knights deserve to die.

TROOF!

KUIndustries - 

Once you have a school loan nothing can save you. Bankruptcy etc. won't work, best bet is leaving the country lol.

This was an eye opener when I was watching.....HOLY SHIT!

Goes back to the previous thread by Kanatoa and how I said "COLLEGE" is pumped into everyones head and pumps-up various areas of the economy through investments, mortgages, loans, etc.......IT REALLY BIG BIZNESS!

LOL! My niece is graduating this year and like dumbass she wanted to go all to UH insteadof taking boolshit classes at CC. So needless to say, her dad didn't have much to invest in like I told him too.

ROR! @ them come 2012.

Being in law enforcement you can get the same deal (loan forgiveness). I entertained the thought considering starting pay is 50k

seriously......fukin kids need to join the Mil!

college money and Starship Troopers society FTW!

My Sister went to Dartmoth, I think tuition was upwards of 40K a year. After a year and a half realized she wanted to be a teacher and transferred back to UHH, smart girl... too bad she didnt realize that before the first year.

I don't see how enlisting in today's military would toughen an american male up. Perhaps enlisting in the military of yester-year and relying on the establishment to toughen up on the recruits. Today...it's softened up over the years when looking at it all historically. I also winced when I learned that you earn a medal/ribbon just for completing bootcamp. Liken that to getting points on a test just for writing your name.

Also I am not sure if lessening the pussification would mean there would be less military men at The Dungeon, getting strapped up naked (covering only cocknballz) onto Xs to get whipped by proclaimed BBWs in fishnet stockings and squealing like an animal that eats its own excrement. Unless that is how men are supposed to be all they can be.

ayla, i take it you were never in yes?

ayla108 - 
Also I am not sure if lessening the pussification would mean there would be less military men at The Dungeon, getting strapped up naked (covering only cocknballz) onto Xs to get whipped by proclaimed BBWs in fishnet stockings and squealing like an animal that eats its own excrement. Unless that is how men are supposed to be all they can be.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!

kanotoa, I've witnessed and worked with vocational training programs that have been cut by the DOE since the early 90s. It's a sad thing for such great programs to be cut either by the funding or the whole program. With all the big talk about a "Self-Sustaining Hawai'i", you'd think vocational programs would get a booster shot of funding and resources, but not once have I heard a huge voice for a return of vocational programs, just more send your kids to a big college and stuff that resonates "be a consumer, not a producer". Maybe I need to get a hearing aide.

Mobutu, excellent plan. I lived it and was fortunate to have had parents who emphasized those basics upon me. All I needed was help with airfare for my first semester of college, the rest of my post-secondary ed was self-sufficient.

FCTV, in today's military? no. How about you? Just wondering, not trying to start anything.

As far as toughening up by enlistment, beyond recruiting promises, I feel that today it's more a placebo effect until you actually get involved in conflict in front of the desk rather than behind it, then the individual decides what they really are in today's military. I understand the blanket statement that enlisting is a cure-all for the American weakness, but when it gets right down to it is it really the cure-all? If those of us with military experience and education were nails and military experience was the hammer that drove us forward, we may fail to recognize that not everyone in this country are nails. Some of them are screws that need a screwdriver rather than a hammer.

To be Frank, no one needs a history lesson. Liken this to everyone wanting to do UFC until they get hit in the face OR joining a fitness bootcamp or gym, but not have to worry about getting your ribbon slammed 2 inches deep into your chest upon completing the program.

Sarge, what you do on your time is up to you. I have no problems if you were a patron of The Milk Bar and/or The Dungeon as long as you can do your job with the fire of Hephaestus in your eyes and heart. My comment was about how I've noticed over time that a majority of the male clientele at such functions are in fact shit-kickin' ass-eatin' soldier boys. Perhaps that is the duality of being armed forces tough rather than a pussy. If this is acceptable, then fine. I just observed this and it didn't bother me back in the day, nor today. My only judgment would be that going to those kind of places are in no way gonna get any guy pussy-by-the-truckloads. I knew a few fellas that would go there just for that and strike out painfully.

Kyokushin mentions 2-yr service. Not a bad idea at all, since the 2yr commitment for high school graduates, prior to college entry, into military service is actually on the Obama Admin table in the future as far as how citizenship service goes. Imagine Robert A. Heinlein's novel come to life, but without the giant bugs and not every broad is a younger Denise Richards. No promises were noted that fascism shall not occur, so take it as you will ACLU. lol