Colossus

How bad ass is he? Is his strength on par with Spiderman, Thing, ETC?

How durable is he?

Way stronger than Spiderman, stronger than Thing. He's class 100 now, which puts him in the same tier with the other heavy hitters (Juggernaut, baseline Hulk, Thor, etc).

Very durable, but like everything else in comics, it varies wildly from one story to another.

thanks orcus

Wow

I didn't recall him being that powerful. I thought he about as strong as Luke Cage. 25 ton class.

Nah, even at 18 years old he was class 70. I think he's been class 100 ever since Magneto healed him from the Marauders attack or something.

orcus is pretty much dead on. He was in the 70 ton class until he got older and healed up from some injuries. Then his strength increased at least double probably more.

disbeliever - Can wolverines claws in 616 cut his steel skin?

Yup.

BigWilliam - orcus is pretty much dead on. He was in the 70 ton class until he got older and healed up from some injuries. Then his strength increased at least double probably more.

During the mutant massacre Riptide was able to have his spikes/surikens embed into Colossus' skin.

But after he was healed, during Inferno he faught Riptide again, and this time the spikes/surikens just bounced off his skin.

I read the first one but not the second. Didn't he snap Riptide's neck in the mutant massacre?

Yeah, he did.

Yes he did.

Colossus has always been totally underutilized by faggot X-Men writers for some reason.

Magic8 - Colossus has always been totally underutilized by faggot X-Men writers for some reason.

I haven't followed the xmen since maybe the late 90s but i agree with you. I had no idea Colossus was such a bad ass.

What do you guys think of this model of colossus I made?

http://img512.imageshack.us/i/pic0070a.jpg/

http://img255.imageshack.us/i/pic0067.jpg/

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/pic0036c.jpg/

http://img146.imageshack.us/i/dcp00669.jpg/

I have since cut him up and made a cast of him so I can make duplicates. I have 2 primed and 1 ready to be primed and ready to be painted.

mmarkrobinson - 
Magic8 - Colossus has always been totally underutilized by faggot X-Men writers for some reason.

I haven't followed the xmen since maybe the late 90s but i agree with you. I had no idea Colossus was such a bad ass.

He isn't.
Everytime he goes up against another strong guy in his class, he is usually whooped.

By whom? Juggernaut beat him, but admitted it was a difficult fight. I don't think he ever fought the Thing or the Hulk. He beat that furry guy from Alpha Flight down pretty handily.

Hulk bent both his arms backwards in WWH and then whipped up a bunch of other Xmen and did an aikido toss on Juggs

Call me crazy, but Colossus has always been my favorite X-Man, and that's in full acknowledgement that he's been poorly written and underutilized for most of his career.

He's very, very different from most of the "strong dude" characters out there, and as such that interested me. He doesn't have anger/violence issues (Hulk), he's not some gloomy self-hating figure (Thing), he's not a god or cosmic being (Thor, Silver Surfer), he's not a prick (Namor), etc.. He's actually a just quiet dude who would rather be working on his farm, or painting, or taking care of his family. Look at all the scenes where strong dudes lost someone - they all typically go batshit and break everything around them. That made the scene where Colossus learned of his little sister's death one of the best-written scenes I can recall from the 90's X-Men (which in truth isn't saying much) - he simply gritted his teet, hung his head, paused in place for a bit, and then walked away without a word, totally different from what one would expect.

He has tons of potential, and I think that's why I liked the character, it's more about what he could be than what he is.

IMO, Hulk should always be #1 on Marvel's strength list (outside of the super cosmic dudes), and Thor and maybe Hercules should be #2 (yeah, they're gods, but they spend 90% of their time on Earth, unlike Surfer, Gladiator, etc.), but I would vote for Colossus to be #3 - he should be someone that NO ONE in their right mind would fuck with (outside of Magneto, for obvious reasons). Like the Thing, he shouldn't really be able to beat the Hulk, but it should be a LOT closer than it typically has been in the past, though WWH is of course a special case.

And if someone wanted to get nasty and give Petey some sambo training (didn't he do a small stint in the Russian army?) and he started leglocking fools, he'd go to the top of the fanboy lists  :-P

Peter should be a bad ass fighter...after all he has one of the top martial artists (Wolverine) in Marvel on his team.

He's been teammates with Wolvie for many years, he must have picked up some moves.

None So Blind - Call me crazy, but Colossus has always been my favorite X-Man, and that's in full acknowledgement that he's been poorly written and underutilized for most of his career.

He's very, very different from most of the "strong dude" characters out there, and as such that interested me. He doesn't have anger/violence issues (Hulk), he's not some gloomy self-hating figure (Thing), he's not a god or cosmic being (Thor, Silver Surfer), he's not a prick (Namor), etc.. He's actually a just quiet dude who would rather be working on his farm, or painting, or taking care of his family. Look at all the scenes where strong dudes lost someone - they all typically go batshit and break everything around them. That made the scene where Colossus learned of his little sister's death one of the best-written scenes I can recall from the 90's X-Men (which in truth isn't saying much) - he simply gritted his teet, hung his head, paused in place for a bit, and then walked away without a word, totally different from what one would expect.

He has tons of potential, and I think that's why I liked the character, it's more about what he could be than what he is.

IMO, Hulk should always be #1 on Marvel's strength list (outside of the super cosmic dudes), and Thor and maybe Hercules should be #2 (yeah, they're gods, but they spend 90% of their time on Earth, unlike Surfer, Gladiator, etc.), but I would vote for Colossus to be #3 - he should be someone that NO ONE in their right mind would fuck with (outside of Magneto, for obvious reasons). Like the Thing, he shouldn't really be able to beat the Hulk, but it should be a LOT closer than it typically has been in the past, though WWH is of course a special case.

And if someone wanted to get nasty and give Petey some sambo training (didn't he do a small stint in the Russian army?) and he started leglocking fools, he'd go to the top of the fanboy lists  :-P

Oh FRAK yes!!!

calls Joey Q

Joe?  You mind if I call you Joe?  There's this guy you gotta hire for creative consulting on the X-Men.....