Colt Anaconda or King Cobra?

Going to an auction on Friday night and they have a Colt Anaconda and a Colt King Cobra for sale.  I feel it is unAmerican to not have a wheel gun in my collection and one of these will rid me of this guilt.  Which should I go after?  There is only one pic of each on the auction website and they both look to have been safe queens.  I think the sale order is Anaconda then King Cobra.  So give me some strategy.

I am hoping that the Rona has sucked a lot of the spare cash out of people's bank accounts and guns will go reasonable rather than the norm of going over retail.

Get ready to spend stupid money...

1 Like

Both of course.

If i had to pick, I'd go anaconda. The KC is being manufactured again

1 Like

No gun is on sale these days.

1 Like

I agree the Anaconda

What caliber is it?

If you are going to shoot it, 357 because the bigger calibers are expensive or hard to find. I reload and have 44, 45 colt, 41 mag. But not in huge amounts.

I have a Dan Wesson 44 Mag with a 2.5 and 4 inch barrel. Its a safe queen.

BOTH!

Fathead D -

Going to an auction on Friday night and they have a Colt Anaconda and a Colt King Cobra for sale.  I feel it is unAmerican to not have a wheel gun in my collection and one of these will rid me of this guilt.  Which should I go after?  There is only one pic of each on the auction website and they both look to have been safe queens.  I think the sale order is Anaconda then King Cobra.  So give me some strategy.

I am hoping that the Rona has sucked a lot of the spare cash out of people's bank accounts and guns will go reasonable rather than the norm of going over retail.

I follow your logic completely, I bought a S&W 500 magnum to remedy the situation.  Shooting it is glorious 

I have a Colt Python. How does that compare to an Anaconda or Cobra?

Colt 45, Double Malt

The Python I have is .357 magnum and it is paired with a Diamondback in 22 lr.

Nice pair of guns that came in a wooden case as part of a deal where if you purchased some CDs from a bank, you got the pistols for free.

God Damn, those were the days.

scourge - 

Colt 45, Double Malt

So I'm not the only one that that this was a 40oz thread?

I'm so not a gun guy...lmao @ me

tourist - I have a Colt Python. How does that compare to an Anaconda or Cobra?

I would say the Python is superior to both.

Dark Knight -
I agree the Anaconda

What caliber is it?

If you are going to shoot it, 357 because the bigger calibers are expensive or hard to find. I reload and have 44, 45 colt, 41 mag. But not in huge amounts.

I have a Dan Wesson 44 Mag with a 2.5 and 4 inch barrel. Its a safe queen.

I can't really tell by the picture but I would guess 44 mag.  I was leaning toward the Anaconda before this thread so I like the confirmation.  Thankfully, it is the first one up for bid so I can go for it and have a fallback option.

Results?

I showed up and got my bidding number.  The Colt's were in the middle of the auction and I didn't even get in a bid.  They each went for $1,600.  At first glance, that doesn't seem bad but when you add in the 15% buyers premium and 7% sales tax...

The same guy bought both guns so I think he was willing to run this way up there.