Combining Scrapper with Weights

Yes another "Scrapper + Weights" thread!!!

I worked Chad Waterbury's "Quatro Dynamo" program to a reasonable degree of success over the summer (good progress on squats and bench in particular) and was looking for something to break things up a bit. I dug out my old "Scrapper Workout 1" VHS tape and dragged my 10 yr old son down to the basement. We have since been doing Scrapper #1 together roughly 4 times a week. On Saturday afternoons, we did basically the "Max Effort" portion of the "Dynamo" routine (5RM x 5 sets x 3 reps; 60 secs rest between sets) for squats, bench and military press. My son does very light weight and focuses on form.

Thus far, my son is loving it (he still cracks up when the speedo guy walks into the video when Scrapper is doing lunges) and I feel pretty good as well. In the absence of any other training (my son is playing basketball & I coach his team so I've not been able to train thai very much of late) what would be the consensus doing, say, Scrapper #1 M-T-W-H and the weight routine outlined above on Sat?

Thanks.

Peace.

-Savage

ttt

Let me get on this in a few days or so. I've been busting my ass at work and my brain is mush right now.

SCRAP

Sweet. Thanks Scrap.

TTT

TTT

TTT for any thoughts.

Just finished the Saturday weight routine and felt strong as hell. Squatting the same weight that I was when I peaked during the "Quatro" routine and just 5 lbs less on my bench (I attribute this to my not eating quite as much of late with the busy schedule). So far I like this combo very much.

Peace.

-Savage

TTT

Are you looking to use weights during a "scrapper style" workout?

SCRAP

yeah

No, not looking to combine weights into a Scrapper-style workout, just wanting some feedback on the idea of combining Scrapper workouts (Workout 1 currently) repeatedly during the week with a free weight workout on the weekends.

Right now we're doing Workout 1 M,T,W,H and free weights Sat.

Peace.

-Savage

ttt