Combos

You know I was thinking about this while training and I thought I wanted to make a nice destructive combos with my kicks so I said how about this sequence:

LKnee, RKnee, LCut Kick, RJumping Knee

or

LShin Kick, LRound house(head) move inwards RKnee, RKnee

I can add my hands in with that, but I just want to work on my kicking combos

all i got to say is you aint goin to get that first combo in the ring. well i shouldnt say never. the cut kick will be hard after two knees. after being kneed i usually want to bomb on the other person, not kick. just my thoughts. I do like to high to low transition in the second combo

I agree with Rob the first combo is a little unlikely. I've landed a jumping knee following a push kick in several fights. I like flowing from high to low or visa versa. My favorite combination is the jab, cross, lead hook, low round house combo. I usually like to change the loww kick to a high kick in later rounds once my opponent starts to drop their hands.

Hey thanks for the input, my favourite Punching combo is RJab,Rjab, LHook, RElbow,RCross,LElbow,RCross Finishing with a LUpper Cut or RSpinning Back Elbow. Keep in mind I like to throw in knees and shins while I do this in different areas, for variation of course so that my opponent begins to worry about their defence. I agree with comments about the first combo, I just wanted something different, especially a jumping knee after all that would be risky. I like the second one better, works better with the hits I will be landing. Thanks again

fist,

rjab rjab lhook - eat a cross right thru the middle.

rjab, Rhook!, lcross.

Don't mean to piss on your parade but your moves seem very impractical and hopeless against another fighter.
Rethink your strategy and get to the basics. Stop watching movies...

Excuse me!, Let me tell you something, those little combos I listed above are nothing compared to my true potential. What I'm writng now isn't about those combos, it's about you. I was looking for something new so I posted what I thought. This is how you talk to a fellow martial artist, with a smug attitude. That is the reason I posted this thread in the first place to name some unlikely combos which could be used as a possiblity and to see the reactions I would get. Any move or combo is useless and impractical if it is not performed at the right time or speed. This how you answer people's questions with crude criticism and hostility, why waste your time? You insulted me by telling stop watching movies and get to the basics, where do you get off....junoir I don't care how many posts you have on this thing or how big of a man you think you are, but use your words wisely as if your life depends on them....that goes for here and on the outside. You see guys like you give us martial artist a bad name; proper attitude and respect for others is part of your martial arts training. Either if I was a white belt trying to learn something or a Shihan of a famous club, you still must show me the respect I deserve as an individual as I would do to you. If you continue with those brash comments don't expect to get any further then where you are, because martial arts like all things starts with the mind and is a way of expressing yourself. Going into a fight with that attitude can be deadly and is a stategy that is very unscientific when it is time to fight at your true potential. I think you need to read the story about Mushashi and Gan-Ryu, and how that same attitude costed Gan-Ryu his life. Learn and understand others and you can excel and become a better person. I believe that most of the people here will agree with me.

My bread and butter, left jab, right cross, right roundkick, hell, everybody knows and throws it, but it still lands. Vary the height on the kick when you throw it and it's like magic.

My other bread and butter, left jab, right cross, left look, left cut kick to thigh. Bring the kick up and drop it onto their thigh.

Also, pushkick to upperchest/face, round kick to calf, usually puts people on their ass. (them if I land the kicks, me if they catch them :o)

Thanks Skpotamus!

"I was looking for something new so I posted what I thought. "-Well pal, you thought wrong and I'm telling you."This is how you talk to a fellow martial artist, with a smug attitude. That is the reason I posted this thread in the first place to name some unlikely combos which could be used as a possiblity and to see the reactions I would get."I'm talking down to you because you appear to be clueless and in denial about reality."Any move or combo is useless and impractical if it is not performed at the right time or speed.This is the same "traditional martial art" bullshit mentality that will get you fucked up in a ring or in the street."This how you answer people's questions with crude criticism and hostility, why waste your time?"-Because the sooner you get enlightened, the better chance you will have. If I made you see mistakes, then you're moving in the right direction."You insulted me by telling.."If you consider that an insult.. buckle up my thin skinned friend..where do you get off....junoirLMAO for so many reasons! You see guys like you give us martial artist a bad nameFunny I feel the same way about you.you still must show me the respect I deserve as an individual as I would do to you.Grow the fuck up! Did I piss in your wheaties? no. I told you that your combinations had huge flaws and that you needed to rethink your strategies. This is how I am and in person I am 0% different, and I don't give a fuck who you are. Respect? I've given and recieved plenty. You don't like my candor? pay the $20 for the -ignore- feature.

What the...? Your still here? Dude it's over I said what I said and that's it. Your a dick and you need to stop with attitude. Give it up I really care what you have to say anymore and your wasting space.....NEXT!!!!

it's a free country and everyone's entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are equally valid

what exactly is "free style kung fu" by the way??

Guys,
many different combos work for different people. Really it doesn't matter what you throw it's all about speed timing and knowing when to throw what. As you gain more experience in the ring you'll realize that your opponent, range and their skill level will largely determine what you will be able to throw. If your the one pressuring and in control you'll obviuosly be able to throw combinations without getting countered as easily.
I really don't have a favorite combination, I try to change from fight to fight. If I rely on a favorite combination from fight to fight my opponent will surely notice this when they study me. I think this is why as you get more experience you need to change things up.

Really it doesn't matter what you throw it's all about speed timing and knowing when to throw what.This statement contradicts itself.Clearly it does matter what you throw as that not only does that decision effect your offensive tactics, but also decides what holes may appear in your defense.

BuddhistFist, you are better off focusing on simple combos...

Jab, cross, hook, followed by the leg kick is popular.

As is jab/cross/rear kick or jab/cross/lead kick.

If you want to find out what is realistic--spar. To be as honest and polite as possible--from your posts it seems you don't really understand MT and don't spend a lot of time sparring with good MT fighters.

Also, a little bit of advice: Respect is earned, never given. No one owes you respect in this world.

That dude is definitely a teenager, lol

you know i spent my teen years in a muay thai gym and one saying that always stayed with me is
"kiss it" Keep It Simple, Stupid. I like the jab cross kick and 4 count. simple and they work

Hell yeah.

I teach a few classes a week at my gym and without fail the guys trying to do 15-point Mortal Kombat type fatality combos are newbies.

basics, basics, basics

after that

more basics....

Your right bull, my sentence does contradict itself. "Really it doesn't matter what you throw it's all about speed timing and knowing when to throw what."
He he too much egg nog and rum. I agree with many of you keep your combinations simple.

How about adapting to the current situation as the opponent presents? I never heard any pro fighter talk about cookbook techniques before a fight before.... I've heard them talk about what their forte is and what they consider to be their power weapons.