COMCAST IS THE WORST

Such a piece of shit company I don't understand how they exist still. Oh yeah they are a monopoly so it doesn't fucking matter to them.

Bought a new house getting internet hooked up, sign up and they say I can pay $50 for installation. I pay it the installer shows up and I tell him where I want the line to run. He says ok I can do that for another $35. I was like WTF I already payed $50 for the install why would I pay another $35 for you to do the install???? That's just the way it is take or leave it....FUCK I HATE COMCAST.

comcrap gives 0 fucks about us. if you don't pay up now they will play games and not send a guy back out for weeks

Amen Phone Post 3.0

Comcast sucks balls, that is part of the reason I enjoy streaming all the PPV's.  Comcast doesn't get a penny from me for PPV's.

He was probably trying to skim. Some of these installers are scheisty.

With me the guy showed up, he was done in like 30 minutes, went real smooth. He checked the channels in front of me so that they matched my packages and asked for confirmation. Everything was butter for a day.

Next day, channels are missing that were in my package and I had been watching. A message saying I have to order it if I want to watch it, pops up.

I call and they tell me I ordered a different package. I'm telling the bimbo to look on the damn order in the computer. She says "The slip just says that the slip just states install and first month. It doesn't state what channels."

I pull of their website so I can show her the package - the WHOLE reason we ordered Comcast was BECAUSE of the package.

Guess what? Package isn't listed ANYWHERE any more. GONE. I can't even show her the package.

My GF spends the next two days fighting with them to give us the channels we ordered and HAD for the first 24 hours.

We end up getting about another 10 added, but still missing 3-4, but the knocked off $10 a month for a year.

Unfucking real.

Where do you live OP? Phone Post 3.0

Just threaten to leave and they'll get on their knees and beg for forgiveness. Comcast reps would sooner kill their parents then lose you as a customer. You can get them to drop prices pretty much whenever you want. Phone Post 3.0

I am in FL, the level of incompetence they are hitting is just mind bottling at this point. Every place I wanted them to run the wires he "had" to drill holes through the exterior of the house or it just couldn't be done because it just can't be. Despite my huge crawl space and attic. So basically I have now paid them $50 to plug in a modem and I am going to have to run the cables myself to keep them from destroying the house and doing a shit install because they are lazy and just don't give a shit.

Threatening to leave does not do jack shit at least in my area, last time I tried that they didn't even bother escalating the call they just canceled it and sent me on my way.....FUCK I HATE COMCAST.

It was a huge ordeal when I bought my own internet & phone modem so I didn't have to rent one from Comcast anymore.  On the cell phone for a total of over 4 hours (several, several calls) with their asshole call reps in the Philipines trying to get them to activate the phone portion.  I was ready to tap out.  Then I geta  call from a US based call senter saying they just hooked the phone up.  I told them I was on the phone for hours trying to get it hooked up - he told me the call center I was dealing with "didn't have the authority to enable phone service".  I asked him why they didn't know that.  He said he had no idea.

I fucking hate Comcast.

They just called me lol . I cancelled my cable service and Now They keep calling with new promotions I just hang up on them Phone Post 3.0

They wouldn't cater to my price point when I was a customer and now that I'm not they wanna throw all these new promos to me. Phone Post 3.0

They sub contract that out to companies. It's not always a Comcast installation guy.

That sucks. They're awesome for me. Phone Post 3.0

I think I'm one of the only people happy with them. Never had a single service issue in 9 years. My internet has also gone from 26/6 to 180/28 without costing any more.
They fuck up my bill every 18 months or so, but every time it happens they apologize and keep me on the same $150 for every channel + internet plan I've had for years. Phone Post 3.0

Whatever you pay for the installation fee is supposed to include the lines being ran. The only time you have to pay for lines is if it's being replaced on a service call or if you're adding additional outlets to a work order. Phone Post 3.0

I cancelled my Comcast service and picked up Google fiber recently. Comcast called about an hour ago to talk about it. I lol'ed and told them to take a look at my account notes to see if they can figure it out.

Yeah you probably got a contractor best thing you can do is hook up with a dsr one of the door to door guys because they will make sure shit goes well so they get paid. Also they will help with issues like missing channels and the such if you send them a referral every once in a while. Phone Post 3.0

I see your Comcast and raise you Verizon Fios/Frontier. That transition they recently had deleted all my saved DVR stuff, and can't see anything on AnE.Customer support also sucks balls.

Donald Trump - They sub contract that out to companies. It's not always a Comcast installation guy.

That sucks. They're awesome for me. Phone Post 3.0
Just so I'm being crystal clear - Fuck Comcast.

But he's right. The installations are contracted out. That's why they are so fucking terrible and shit gets fucked up. The vendors don't give a fuck, as they are paid by the job - not hour.

When you call Comcast and they come out to fix a problem (post installation) that's when you get an actual Comcast technician, who is an hourly employee of the company, and will fix the problem. 8 hours at the same spot doesn't matter to them.

God damn I fucking hate that company. Phone Post 3.0

I worked for Comcast in my early 20s. Just working on the phone. They do give paid training for 6 wks. Before you jump on, but you're screamed at all day by people who forget you have zero control over the majority of things.
Soooo here is the charms434 HINTS

-When you call don't press anything. The computer will assume you are on a rotary phone and connect you directly to a rep.
- tell them if its cable, Internet or phone and than say you won't to talk to a supervisor
- explain to said supervisor your problem and that you are canceling.
- she/he will offer you a promotion for 6-12 months to stay.
- Repeat every 6-12 months.

Shit just call and when you get the supervisor say you're canceling because the price is outrageous. Works 80% of the time. Phone Post 3.0

Domingo - I think I'm one of the only people happy with them. Never had a single service issue in 9 years. My internet has also gone from 26/6 to 180/28 without costing any more.
They fuck up my bill every 18 months or so, but every time it happens they apologize and keep me on the same $150 for every channel + internet plan I've had for years. Phone Post 3.0
Same here. But I stil want to go internet only and stream everything but the wife needs the guide lol Phone Post 3.0