Comedians you like that others hate

Who are some comedians you like that others tend to hate?

For me, Michael Ian Black. Most ppl, it seems, do not like this guy. Personally, I do. His brand of humor utilizes two things that I really enjoy...a laser accurate (pete Holmes reference, anyone?) sense of dry sarcasm, and I love me some sarcasm. And I love his "silly discussion on a very serious topic" and "serious discussion on a very silly topic."

Another weird one is David Cross. People seemed to like his sketch brand of comedy on Mr Show, but most don't seem to enjoy his standup comedy. His early standup comedy was kind of shitty, but his standup since 2000 has been great. Shut Up You Fucking Baby, It's Not Funny, and Bigger and Blackerer are all hilarious. His show, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is really funny to. Phone Post

Todd Margaret was a good show. Shame it only went for 12 episodes or so and they ended it completely.

I think Maria Bamford's stand up is amazing personally.

MushroomHead - 

Who are some comedians you like that others tend to hate?

For me, Michael Ian Black. Most ppl, it seems, do not like this guy. Personally, I do. His brand of humor utilizes two things that I really enjoy...a laser accurate (pete Holmes reference, anyone?) sense of dry sarcasm, and I love me some sarcasm. And I love his "silly discussion on a very serious topic" and "serious discussion on a very silly topic."

Another weird one is David Cross. People seemed to like his sketch brand of comedy on Mr Show, but most don't seem to enjoy his standup comedy. His early standup comedy was kind of shitty, but his standup since 2000 has been great. Shut Up You Fucking Baby, It's Not Funny, and Bigger and Blackerer are all hilarious. His show, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is really funny to. Phone Post

I love both of those guys.

Have you seen Stella?

Also, about David Cross; I had family visiting last week and made them watch the cover of that Bank of America song that he did with Johnny Marr.  

They loved it.

Also if you like David Cross he did a movie called "It's A Disaster" with Julia Stiles that's pretty good.

Bryan Callen Phone Post 3.0

A lot of people don't like Norm Macdonald, but he is my favorite comedian; Well, either him or Mitch Hedberg.

I always go back and forth between the two.

Dane Cook.

Do I win this thread? Phone Post

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Todd Margaret was a good show. Shame it only went for 12 episodes or so and they ended it completely.

I think Maria Bamford's stand up is amazing personally.

I'm not sure which podcast it was on, maybe Maron's WTF or the Nerdist, but somewhere he mentioned he only planned it for 12 episodes. So I don't think it was cancelled as much as it was planned to end after 12 episodes. Phone Post

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Also if you like David Cross he did a movie called "It's A Disaster" with Julia Stiles that's pretty good.

That movie was pretty funny, and the ending was great. David Cross was the perfect guy for that role based on the ending alone. Phone Post

I think Fox wanted another season and Cross didn't.

Going the opposite way I think Louis CK is highly overrated. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - Hitler was a gas

Phone Post

I don't know if people hate him, but I think Sebastian Maniscalco is the most underrated comedian out there. Phone Post 3.0

Dice Phone Post 3.0

Sennin - Dane Cook.

I actually don't mind him that much. The thing I don't like about his stand up is the crowd. There's always one lady screaming like Rashads wife during every performance.

I don't know if he's liked or not but I do enjoy Robin Williams stand up. Phone Post

Hocky Balboa - 

A lot of people don't like Norm Macdonald, but he is my favorite comedian;

one of the times I saw Norm, bunch of people where walking out before his set ended and were saying I don't get why everyone is laughing,he is not Funny.made it even funnier.

Spoonie Luv - Dice Phone Post 3.0

When he isn't phoning it in, he's brilliant. He played a guido 20 years before they were famous.

He improved an entire 90 minute troll/anti-comedy album The Day The Laughter Died at the height of his popularity.

Brendon Burns

Sennin - 

Dane Cook.

That is who i was going with. I am not sure why people hate Dane Cook so much. I guess he is sort of a douche but funny none the less

Invisible Lats Syndrome - I think Fox wanted another season and Cross didn't.

That may be true. I just distinctly remember him saying he planned it to run 12 episodes and it ended how he wanted it.

Part of the thing is, he basically spent 2 years in the UK working on the show and he said it got really lonely over there since he was so separated from all his friends back in the States, and his wife had her own projects going on so they couldn't really spend much time together. Phone Post