Compare 269 to 271

UFC 266, 267 and 268 were great and a lot more stacked and interesting than the average PPV of the past few years. You would have to go back a long time to find four numbered events in a row as good as 266-269.

The party is over though, 270 and 271 are on paper weak in comparison. Not saying the fights won’t be good, just saying 266-269 had you hype and the first three really delivered and I’m sure the last one will too.

Compare 269 to 271 and you will see exactly what I mean.

I’d pay $100 easy to sit down and watch 269 for seven hours and whether alone or with family or friends I’m gonna have a great night. A good UFC is still the best night in combat sports and all of sports period in 2021. Now 271… I’d watch a couple of those fights but the card is not worth even $10 in my eyes and I’m not spending seven hours of my life watching it either.

UFC 269 Quick Card

UFC 271 Quick Card

269 definitely lost some steam after Masvidal got injured

270 looks pretty good though to me. 2 belts on the line. One of which being a massive heavyweight fight between two former training partners

269 did not lose any steam to me, not one bit. I’ve been watching Masvidal compete long before he was a UFC star. Hell, I started watching him fight at Bellator 5 when Toby Imada put him to sleep with an inverted triangle. I enjoy watching him compete but I’m not gonna mark out for him like a casual fan who just learned who he is when he KOed Askren.

Nothing will beat the Usman/Covington 2 and Glover/Jan back to back cards

Nothing will beat that in 2021, you got that right! 269 is a nice followup though. Could not be more pumped for the Oliveira Poirier title fight plus those Tuivasa, Anders, Emmett, Cruz, Hall, O’Malley and Perez fights look good and it will be cool to see if Ponzinibbio can bounce back and I even want to see the Garbrandt and Nunes fights.

Personally, Olveira Poirier is one of my five most anticipated fights of the year.

I never realized that was Masvidal, Imada submitted. That’s what I think of when I hear Imada’s name.