Comparing Jon Jones and Muhammad Ali

there's no comparison here

Ali fought heavyweight against the best

Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Reach 80 in (203 cm)

Jon Jones fights in a division where he dwarfs everyone else

Height 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Reach 84.5 in (215 cm)

the only reason that the comparisons don't make sense to me is that ali had great success....jones' story is still more about potential than actual achievement and overcoming adversity.

Spinelock - If you are learning python, GET THIS BOOK!
Tkinter GUI Application Development HOTSHOT

http://www.amazon.com/Tkinter-GUI-Application-Development-HOTSHOT-ebook/dp/B00G8YAUX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401481816&sr=8-1&keywords=tkinter+hotshot

Thoroughly impressed half way trough. Built a drum beats machine and a chess game with 2/3 of the book to go. Lucid explanations.

GET IT. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the link. Looks really interesting.

Ali was 6'3"? For some reason I thought he was much smaller.

Given the comparative level of experience and history between the two sports, I think that its a pretty silly comparison to make. Not to mention the fact that his fighting skill was only a small part of what made Ali such a legend.

I understand people's natural desire to compare great fighters of their generation to ones of the past, but JBJ, if he is ever to even approach the pedestal which Ali is perched on, needs far more years, far more fights, and far more impact on the sport of MMA as a whole.

Would be cool if it was him, but lets be honest, the odds are not in his favor. Especially in a sport still so young.

Way to completely discredit the LHW division. Phone Post

The best comparison I can make between the two is that both are cogniscent enough to recognise a straw man fallacy demonstrated so very well in the OP.

Jones isn't the p4p trash talker Phone Post