Competition in Africa?

Hey folks,

if anyone has any info on grappling/MMA competitions anywhere on the continent of Africa, please email me at mikemartelle@hotmail.com . I wanna come get my war on!

Anyone?

There are some MMA/grappling comps in South Africa. I havent lived there for 3 years so not sure what the latest scene is, sorry.

And good luck actually getting an answer from any of the guys living there. You aware of the term "africa time" where everything takes forever? Well, it applies to this forum too :(

Any competitions of any kind in Uganda? Maybe even indigenous regional wrestling?

Anyone?

As I understand South Africa is growing with MMA and kickboxing aswell. Virgil Kalakoda is in the Maxx try and contact him. Other than that you might have to go to the Sudan wrestle with the Nubians. Who look strong.

There are regular MMA competitions in South Africa, just nobody is reporting them :-(

SILK. How are you doing?

There was the SA National Grappling Comp that was scheduled to happen on 28 Oct, but was cancelled recently.

That means get me the info so we can push!!!!!

I got a great email from a guy in Canada who read this thread a few years ago; Ottawa area, I believe, and we were discussing the possibility of future competition...if you're still out there man, I lost your email! PM me, please!!

Or if this sounds like someone you know, give me the 411!! Thanks, guys!

Further research leads me to believe the guy I heard from was connected to Mr. Puro Okelo in Ethiopia...like I said, he was from this board, lived in Ottawa and trained some Sambo...is this ringing any bells? Are you out there, man? Hit me back, SVP!

Grizzly Gym -  Any competitions of any kind in Uganda? Maybe even indigenous regional wrestling? Anyone?

Im a few years late but Im in Uganda now...