Competition Takedown Statistics

In Judo there has been a fair bit of research on the success rates of various throws in competition. For example http://judoinfo.com/weers91.htm

Does anyone know of similar research for freestyle or collegiate wrestling? For example, I have heard that the single most successful takedown statistically is the high crotch to double leg. I'd love to get my hands on a breakdown of the top 10 scoring takedowns (plus their setups?) in compeition, but don't know where to find it.

I haven't heard of any study like that on wrestling takedowns (doesn't mean that one doesn't exist though!).

There are a few things...

1. Depends on which type of wrestling. Freestyle and folkstyle takedowns will be fairly similar - not identical, but close. Greco will be different - all upper body obviously. Then there's mat wrestling, which will vary widely between the styles.

2. Very often, the move that "scores" ends up being more of a scramble, as opposed to a text book finish.

3. Now that I'm done nit-picking ;) I'll try to give you an 'off the top of my head' list for folkstyle (and probably freestyle too)...

Like you mentioned, a high-C to a double is definitely up there. Some others, in no particular order...

Standard double, head inside single to run the pipe, head inside single to go-behind whizzer counter, frontheadlock (various finishes), snapdown (about as basic as you can get), and ankle picks.

...purely my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.