Complete sentences are now intimidating 2 the left

Full stop is 'intimidating' to young people because they interpret it as sign of anger, linguists say

By Katie Feehan For Mailonline21:09 EDT 23 Aug 2020 , updated 08:43 EDT 24 Aug 2020

![|306x185](upload://n4R9MDi0E79SeAODbaHGL2PaUPQ.jpeg)

6.2k comments

• Language experts are debating the change in use by youngsters of the full stop 
    • In the age of instant messaging, some argue the full stop is no longer necessary
    • Some experts say context is key and that full stops are still important in emails 

Full stops intimidate young people when used in social media communication as they are interpreted as a sign of anger, according to linguistic experts.

Teenagers and those in their early twenties, as Generation Z, have grown up with smartphones which they use to send short messages without full stops. 

And a study from Binghamton University in New York suggested that people who finish messages with full stops are perceived as insincere. 

Linguistic experts are now investigating why teens interpret a correctly-punctuated text as a signal of irritation. 

![Full stops 'intimidate' young people when used in social media communication as they are interpreted as a sign of anger, according to linguistic experts|634x423](upload://hqNRc8gecl2D33bDLBzhi0DYUIb.jpeg)

Full stops 'intimidate' young people when used in social media communication as they are interpreted as a sign of anger, according to linguistic experts 

The debate was reignited after writer Rhiannon Cosslett tweeted: 'Older people – do you realise that ending a sentence with a full stop comes across as sort of abrupt and unfriendly to younger people in an email/chat? Genuinely curious.' 

Several Twitter users expressed disbelief, and, despite her own use of a full stop, one even accused her of 'peak snowflakery'. 

Huh...?

https://youtu.be/BBvIweCIgwk

Soft bigotry of low expectations now extends to the entirety of the left. It used to be reserved for minorities. 

Wait. 

A full stop as in like a period? What the fuck?

I mean, its not wrong. Even in my own texting i use full stops more to show im not playing around. Its just a way to help add tone when texting 

Dang

Uneducated faggots being legitimized by older, uneducated faggots.

3 Likes

The fuck is a full stop?

Meh, nothing new imo. Idiots have always been intimidated by intelligence. 

I warned about this. They are trying to make stupidity a victim platform.

TheDorkKnight -

I mean, its not wrong. Even in my own texting i use full stops more to show im not playing around. Its just a way to help add tone when texting 

You go girl!

Literally transparent as fuck doing everything they can to make sure your kids are fucking retards who who’ll then vote and do anything the system says.

This is a long term play and they aren’t even hiding it anymore. Raise your kids parents because the leftist state has no problem doing if you won’t!

1 Like
    KaiTangata -

Literally transparent as fuck doing everything they can to make your kids fucking retards who who'll then vote and do anything the system says.

This is a long term play and they aren't even hiding it anymore. Raise your kids parents because the leftist state has no problem doing so if you won't! 

They have been doing it for at least 40 years.

Nitecrawler -

Wait. 

Either I’m very old or very young to realize that people refer to the period as “full stop”. 

the left

I get annoyed when people use question marks when making statements?

1 Like

I use periods and text complete sentences when I am trying to be very clear. Usually it’s with my ex wife and while arguing about custody and logical choices. It does not intimidate her, it does upset her though. It also upsets her when I reply with “ok” to a long text she wrote. 

damned if ya do, damned if ya don’t. 

LiveWire -
    Nitecrawler -

Wait. 

Either I’m very old or very young to realize that people refer to the period as “full stop”. 

Back in my day a period wasn’t a full stop, we plowed ahead through the blood.

3 Likes