compress audio files help pls

i'm trying to upload audio of me playing

i ripped it off a cd -

tried to compress it with wavelength and sonic(mp3)

i still have files like 10 meg - and imeem is taking forever to up load

anyone have any ideas how to get these down -

gotta be a way to rip at a more compressed setting

thanks

I'm not familiar with those programs, but you'll need to convert it with a lower rate, if you can set it to 44.1 HZ, 16bit, 256kbps it'll be approx 1mg/minute. You can get it smaller by lowering the kbps, its listenable until around 128, below that the quality really sucks.

Cool, I've always wanted to hear your playing.

DasBeaver - Cool, I've always wanted to hear your playing.

unless you're looking forward to make fun of something, you'll be disappointed - LOL

it was done a year ago - with a bunch of guys i went to high school with -

even though i've been playing 30 years, i never really practiced or took lessons until about 6 months ago (did take 6 how to finger pick lessons from stefan grossman 25 years ago -

also - during all that time, i never really jammed with anyone, i was playing a little slide here and there and a little electric here and there - but mainly i was just playing my acoustic finger style

although i've gotten A LOT better over the last year, i still have a very long way to go

BTW - thanks

DasBeaver - I'm not familiar with those programs, but you'll need to convert it with a lower rate, if you can set it to 44.1 HZ, 16bit, 256kbps it'll be approx 1mg/minute. You can get it smaller by lowering the kbps, its listenable until around 128, below that the quality really sucks.

Cool, I've always wanted to hear your playing.

what do you use to rip and adjust the kbps?

Haha, don't worry, I won't make fun of it! I'm envious of your Stefan Grossman lessons. I've been playing for a long time as well, and every step I make forward I find a thousand more holes in my playing.

I use soundforge 6.0 for converting and ripping, which is overkill for that purpose alone. You can do the same thing with Windows Media Player. Under tools/rip music change the format to mp3 and adjust the slider to 256, or wherever you want.

thanks

oh, i just re-read your post -

song is 12 mins long maybe thats the problem - lol

imeem only ups about 5 secs

know where else i can host it?

That might be a problem Jerry Garcia.

Myspace can host long songs, I don't think they have a max... if not one of those file hosting sites like megaupload or yousendit might be the best bet.

lol

12 mins is a pop diddy to garcia -

lol - it's bt just me playing -

organ solo's, 3 guitarists, everyone talking multiple turns

we're all in our late 40's, so we grew up with jam bands - and the songs we play are just excuses to jam to -

interesting is that dude xecrate has long enough songs on imeem - dont know WTF

lol

i was thinking

one of the songs is call it stormy monday - i think our version is JUST shorter then the brothers version - lol