Confirmed: Pettis/Henderson next

This is the right next move! And i love Frankie and thought it was a close fight! Phone Post

epwar - LOL @ the UFC trying to capture lightning in a bottle again.  And LOL @ Pettis not having to face a single top 10 guy for a title shot.

He faced the guy who will likely be ranked #1 after tonight, and beat that guy. And Lauzon is a top 5-10 fighter in the 1st rd when Pettis KO'ed him. He's done enough, given the timing and alternatives.

More showtime kicks!!!!!

Great news and a great rematch. Pettis already had his title shot and decided to fight Guida and risk it, he does deserve this.

Lesson to guys wanting to fight for the title: don't work your way up, just do a flashy kick that Dana & co. love and you'll get  a shot regardless of who you beat!

Both are well deserved . No doubt going to be a war.

The timing is perfect for this fight. They should put this fight on Fox to show people what MMA is all about. The first fight was one of the best fights I've seen. I screamed like a school girl when Pettis hit the Showtime kick...lol

Seriously though, WTF are they doing with Melendez?

BrCutter -  At the end of the ppv, Joe said he had heard it straight from Dana and Lorenzo and a large reason was the KO finish. 

Good. They need to create as many incentives as they can for finishes. Phone Post

Tomato Can - Seriously though, WTF are they doing with Melendez?

My take from what Dana stated on the matter is he will bring in a top guy to face El Nino in Strikeforce - does that mean someone from UFC or elsewhere not sure.

It is ridiculous though to have a top contender like Gilbert essentially being made to sit on the side lines when he is has clearly earned a Title Shot or at the very least a Title Shot eliminator fight with Pettis or winner of Miller/Diaz for instance.

More public pressure on UFC and Dana needs to happen to get Gil in the mix for the UFC Crown, definitely unjust what is happening to him.

Congrats to Showtime!!
Makes sense since he did step aside for Frankie and Grey to fight losing his chance at the belt. Phone Post

Are you guys all Foobs?

None of you remember what happened with the WEC merger? Phone Post

MPA - Nah. Petitis hasn't beaten anyone to deserve a match for the title.

I think as champion and as close as the fight was (and Edgar and Dana thinks he won), the former champion should be given a rematch.

Petitis needs to fight someone higher caliber than Stephens or Lauzon.

How about beating Bendo himself just over a year ago? That was December 2010, really not too long ago.

Anyone who watched their first fight go down wants this rematch. I don't think there is a better time for it to happen.

Hope we get to see it sooner rather than later too, maybe early summer. Phone Post

Yessssss!

until the date is set nothing is confirmed...rufus trying to coerce blaf...he will nto like this...

so, he gets beat by guida and then beats jlau and stephens and gets a title shot??? lol.  ok.

Ben beats the shit out of him this time.

hey, lets rematch melvin and siver and the winner gets a title shot.

miller/diaz winner gets a shot? so if miller wins he gets a title shot against a guy that just got done dominating him?

ok, so the lw is the deepest weight class shit has got to go.

Lol^ Phone Post

" Pettis is good, don't get me wrong, but he got handled by Guida. Hendo handled Guida"

Pettis didn't get "handled" by Guida, he got taken down by Guida. He was more active/threatening from the bottom than Guida was from the top, and obviously superior standing. Bad scoring imo.

Bendo/Guida was a competitive fight, and Guida rocked Bendo.

Plus of course Pettis already beat Bendo.

" If Diaz wins he deserves the next title fight. One "lucky" kick should not erase a loss and a split decision.   Plus all the guys he fought were not top 5. "

Diaz beat Cerrone and Gomi, and Gomi was nowhere in the division. Nate also lost to Joe Stevenson and Gray Maynard, and like Pettis, lost to Guida (although I think Pettis deserved the decision over Clay while Nate did not)

Pettis beat Lauzon who destroyed supposed #1 contender Guillard, and he also beat the current champ (who twice beat Nate's biggest lightweight win Cerrone).

I think the fact there both unscathed and the quick turnover is part of the reason this makes sense. They can both pretty much get right back into training camp and get at it.