Congrats Ben Reinhardt!

Results for the masters divisions are up. Forum member Ben Reinhardt placed 2nd in the men's 73kg division for 35-39 year olds!

Congratulations Ben!

Great Job Man!!!

Congratulations Ben

Big props to Ben!

Nice meeting you on Friday Ben.

Congratulations!

well done ben, keep it going...

congrats.

Congrats! Are these results posted somewhere on the net?

Cool!

Great Job ben !!

Fantastic! Well done!

Thanks, Guys ! I got to meet Quincy Rice, Osaekomi, Daisan too. It was a lot of fun, and I managed not rip my back out of joint either.

Ben R.

did you compete at the world masters?

zarker wrote:"did you compete at the world masters? "

No, I was in the process of moving from Louisiana to Idaho at the time, plus my back was really ripped up.

However, if you guys want to sponsor me to Japan for the event next year, I'd be happy to accept any donations !

Ben R.

congrats Ben! ...

hmmmm ... inspiring me to maybe compete again : )

JCJ wrote:"congrats Ben! ...
hmmmm ... inspiring me to maybe compete again : )"

Master's isn't too bad. The matches are only 3 minutes. Depending on the division you enter, it could be pretty tough, though. Mine next year will be a real tough one.

Ben R.

Hey Ben,

How serious are you thinking about the World Master's for 2003 in Japan? i.e. at the Kodokan?

I've had some passing thoughts, but even though i've had a blast training overseas (hard) these past few months, I think i gotta be realistic?!

My sched in about 2 weeks from now = I got a f/t job to go back to, a mortgage to get back to, a GF that's been bugging me about marriage!!!, and my p/t MBA school to finish (graduate April 2003).

Still ... the lure of competing at the Worlds ... hmmmmm. Sigh ...

Take care,
James

JCJ wrote:Hey Ben,
How serious are you thinking about the World Master's for 2003 in Japan? i.e. at the Kodokan? "

For me, it's mainly a financial consideration. I get plenty of training here. I'll have to wait an see how things are as the date gets closer. I know that several of my teammates want to go, and that my sensei has a lot of contacts over there for lodging. So I might be able to pull it off.

Ben R.