Congrats New ROOTS Blue Belts

Just wanted to say congratulations to the new blue belts at the ROOTS academy in Sydney.

Beth, Manuel and Ben keep up the good work and welcome to the club!

A

Congratulations Benjamin.

You tend to feel that way after a black belt works you over for 40 minutes!! All part of the initiation.

Congratulations!!!

Well done, you all worked hard for it!

BenBJJ are you now a blue??

good sh|t mate!

Congratulations Ben!

Ben,
I am just curious to what you had to go through for your Blue Belt.
Cheers,
WestOz

Oh Yeah Congrats!!

congrats

Sounds like you really did have to earn it. Well done.

WestOz

Shit I miss rolling :(

Fresh Meat!

Just be greatful the initiation ceremony has been changed. Last year, the blue belt grading was...

Roll with black belt for 40-45min, get choked, go to sleep, get revived by black belt, choked out again, revived again, choked out again, revived again.... you get the idea.

Oh yeah, and don't bother tapping because you were not let go

Congrats Ben.

Well done Benny, well deserved.

For those who don't train at Roots, the blue belt grading is one hell of a harrowing experience. If you've ever seen a 120kg fighter scream for mercy because he couldn't breathe it's enough to make you want to stay white. Paulo most definately makes you earn it.

But given none of Benny's fights in the last NSW comp lasted for more than a minute (all by submission) he most definately deserves to go up.

Your ordeal has only just begun BenBJJ. Just wait til you hit Hacie Barra and Brazi....

Andrew

Hey Ben, no dis'spect or anything but isn't your game mostly bang on an armbar and game over? I thought I read on here somewhere you had won most fights by armbar, sweet flying ones too!

I'm interested about the initiation too. Can you go into detail as I've never seen a grading, let alone been part of one.

Thanks Bluey.

Tim.

"But given none of Benny's fights in the last NSW comp lasted for more than a minute (all by submission) he most definately deserves to go up. "

Eekkk! I'm not so sure I want to fight you now Ben ;-)

Well done. It'll only get easier.