congrats to a new purple...

mr. adam laclair recently passed his purple belt test with professor joe. as everyone knows earning a bjj purple is a huge accomplishent...so, well done!!

sincerely,

john

Congrats Adam!!!

Congrats!!!

What is a passing grade for purple belt? Or is it like a urine test, pass/fail?

A "passing grade" signifies that I demonstrated the technical knowledge and sparring skills required of a purple belt, per Joe Moreira's standards.

btw, thanks guys!  It's been a long journey, and I've got even farther still to go. ;-)

congratulations mate

congrats buddy! Now go whoop some black belts!

Congrats!

Big Congrats Adam!!!

Adam,

Congrats. Having just passed my purple belt test with one of Mr. Joe Moreira's Students, Mr. Roy Harris, I know how hard that test must have been. After my test I went home and slept for 18 hours. I had a separated rib and I was sore for a week.

Good job and safe training to you my friend.

Adam,

Congrats. Having just passed my purple belt test with one of Mr. Joe Moreira's Students, Mr. Roy Harris, I know how hard that test must have been. After my test I went home and slept for 18 hours. I had a separated rib and I was sore for a week.

Good job and safe training to you my friend.

GREAT JOB!

Nice-well done

Congrats Adam!!!

Oops, I didn't check this thread until just now. I've liked your writings here for a long time. It's awesome to hear that you got your purple belt! Here's a suggestion: Go out and celebrate! ;) You've earned it.

Congrats.

"per Joe Moreira's standards" is the key phrase...

PN,

Are you not the person spamming these forums with your shit? In other words, STFU.

"damn .. the way you talk about BJJ i thought you were already a purple .. congrats .. "

oldblueeyes025,

I've been submission grappling since early 1993, although it was a different form of jiu-jitsu than BJJ.  I had students beating blue belts and a few that, along with myself, have hung with and ocasionally tapped purple belts, for over 7 years now.  HOWEVER - our game was very athletically based, didn't use the gi top at all, and was no where near as tight as BJJ.  Still, many of the underlying principles and concepts are the same, so after 13 years........ I've picked up a little bit of understanding about a few things. ;-)

About 4 years ago, I began delving into BJJ. (Honestly, got sick of not being able to beat the purple belts, and wanted especially to get more into the gi aspect).  As soon as we slowed things down and got tighter, the holes in our game became real apparant (Ask Dan Simmler about that - I believe he experienced something very like what we did.)  I was also scheduled to take my purple belt test under Roy Harris over a year and a half ago, but a car accident messed up my neck, back, and shoulder such that I am still getting treatment, and have only recently become able to roll "hard" again without making my condition worse.