Congrats to Ajit Pai! What Does This Mean?

What does this ruling mean for us?

It means "orange man bad" to you. 

Black Doug - 

It means "orange man bad" to you. 

Cool.  Thanks for your insight.

Fuck Ajit Pai.  Hes a piece of shit owned by the ISPs.

4 Likes
EFM -

I dont know anything about him. But I do want to smash that stupid reese's mug over his dumb pin head.

2 Likes
Thrill Hammer -
EFM -

I dont know anything about him. But I do want to smash that stupid reese's mug over his dumb pin head.

Orange Mug Bad

3 Likes

It means Trump neither understands this ruling, nor how 5G is being developed without a care for this ruling or any other ruling.

2 Likes
Meohfumado -

It means Trump neither understands this ruling, nor how 5G is being developed without a care for this ruling or any other ruling.

Look out OG, we have another clairvoyant mind-reader on our hands!

Who needs facts evidence or arguments when you can just read minds?

Moke -
Meohfumado -

5G development is happening already.  This changes nothing.  He might as well have said "this will lead to the sun rising tomorrow."

And at best this was a split decision in what is only one link in the chain of many legal battles.

Bur hey, he's President...if he wants to douse the coach in Gatorade after only the first series down the field and declare victory in the first quarter of the game...it is his noble right.  More power to him.

Meohfumado -
Moke -
Meohfumado -

5G development is happening already.  This changes nothing.  He might as well have said "this will lead to the sun rising tomorrow."

And at best this was a split decision in what is only one link in the chain of many legal battles.

Bur hey, he's President...if he wants to douse the coach in Gatorade after only the first series down the field and declare victory in the first quarter of the game...it is his noble right.  More power to him.

The tweet was about winning the court case. 5G is secondary. You bypassed the primary point he made. Isn't that interesting. 

And before anybody gets their panties in a twist, for the record I'm not even a huge net neutrality proponent simply because 5G is such a game changer.  The de facto monopolies and throttling that people fear will not be as big an issue once it is ubiquitous.

Just seemed odd to take this case, where they even ruled states can still make their own regs somewhat, and said ultimately it should be decided by SCOTUS or legislation, and choose to take a victory lap for it and claim it will do things that were already happening.

Meohfumado -

And before anybody gets their panties in a twist, for the record I'm not even a huge net neutrality proponent simply because 5G is such a game changer.  The de facto monopolies and throttling that people fear will not be as big an issue once it is ubiquitous.

Just seemed odd to take this case, where they even ruled states can still make their own regs somewhat, and said ultimately it should be decided by SCOTUS or legislation, and choose to take a victory lap for it and claim it will do things that were already happening.

I agree that 5g and and net neutrality are unrelated. 

Not sure how you what you mean by when it becomes ubiquitous. 

okiebug -
Meohfumado -

Once multiple carriers have coverage in a given area.

Meohfumado -
okiebug -
Meohfumado -

I'm worried that's more of an if than a when. 

i have been dead for months due to Net Neutrality being repealed.

okiebug -
Meohfumado -
okiebug -
Meohfumado -

I'm worried that's more of an if than a when. 

That is the concern particularly in some regions.  Big city where I live it's less likely though.

And that's all assuming 5g doesn't present any health dangers which there's already been some alarmism about...but I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable about that stuff.

I think you're as likely to see collusion by the larger carriers as not.  

okiebug -

It is possible.  And in a world where I'm limited to Spectrum broadband I'd definitely want some net neutrality in case they decide to throttle Disney+ or something.  

But if Verizon can steal market share by not doing that, I think they might go that route.

Greed is a helluva drug.

Delivering broadband at the current demand over 5g is still a ways away.

okiebug -

Have you noticed the improved deals and networks over the past 2 years?  I sure as he'll have.  Sprint's offerings have greatly improved alongside very noticeable network expansion and speed increases nationwide.

It's forced the others to compete with them.