Congrats to Alex Ricci!

HUGE congrats to M-1/MECCA's Alex Ricci on his pro MMA debut at TFC last night. Alex won in a decisive fashion at the end of the second round. After what Marc-Andre described as "some vicious ground and pound", his opponent couldn't answer the bell for the third round.

Obviously Alex's kickboxing is on another level, but it's also worth mentioning that he is one of the most gifted athletes I have ever seen. I remember working a table at the Ontario Open for Alex's final match. I barely knew him at the time; I'd only seen him around the gym once or twice. The way he was taking guys down at that tournament, I thought he was a wrestler, but it turns out he had taken just three of Luigi's wrestling classes, and had never done a BJJ class before. I don't think I have ever seen an athlete who learns as quickly as he does.

He's gonna go far. Can't wait to see what's next for him.

I am out of the country, and I was DYING to know how our boy did. Thanks Alaina. :)

YAY!!!

Alex is, yes, an amazing athlete. But he's also a great human being. I couldn't be happier to hear he won.
Alex is gonna go all the way.
I am so happy for you my friend.

Enjoy the win!! see you when I get back tomorrow!!

Congrats to both Athlete and Coach.

Lu's wrestling is on another level, I'm surprised more people don't seek him out.

was a sick fight and alex's had a good night and we are boarding now. I will post more details and maybe a statement from alex after some sleep. Thanks to TFC for having us out and thanks to everyone who helped alex get ready. Later peoples

PKF - Congrats to both Athlete and Coach.

Lu's wrestling is on another level, I'm surprised more people don't seek him out.

Hmmm haven't even heard of this guy, what are his wrestling credentials?

http://www.meccamma.ca/instructors/

FYI Alex Ricci was a high level wrestler in high school. He's taken more than three wrestling classes.

BTW Congrats to Alex!

Recica Zvijezda - FYI Alex Ricci was a high level wrestler in high school. He's taken more than three wrestling classes.

BTW Congrats to Alex!

Ok, well, given how he was manhandling guys at that tournament, that makes way more sense. :)

trianglegrrl - http://www.meccamma.ca/instructors/

Wow 13 years of competitive wrestling is alot of experience, and it looks like he competed at a fairly high level.

The internet also came up with him winning a lot of whitebelt jiu jitsu divisions this year.

Seems like a good wrestling coach for a fighter to have.

Yap Liugi is definitely a sick wrestler. 100% legit.