Congratulations Baroni!!

Can't wait for Renzo to beat Glamcock jr. again

"Baroni should never fight MMA again. He has been disgraced. "

Worse than Royce???

I'm not a fan of Phil's but it took a lot of heart to keep coming like he did.
He looked to be nearly out on his feet and then was landing good
punches. It was a good fight and Phil should be acknowledged.

"$50 says he can't say the alphabet anymore"

$100 says that he never could say the alphabet.

He's a bad mouth jerk and I loved seeing him get his mouth shut.

I dont post much but i think its pretty funny how people bag on the fighters of a sport they claim to "love". That was a great fight and Baroni deserves to be respected for it, the guy has skills and i think he is at the elite level. Majority of people on here have never had a fight and had to deal with all the shit it takes to get prepared for one and they slag off the people that have the nuts to stand up and have a go and thats what i dont understand. U cant understand what it takes to fight if u have never done it and bagging on people that get in and fight for your entertainment is fucking wrong.
Great fight imo would love to see Frank fight someone with a good wrestling background like lindland. I think he loses that fight but i reckon it would be off the hook.

"Phil fought till he had nothing left "

Phil fought til he went to sleep... Fuck that! I dont take too kindly to people who talk shit and then get there assess handed to them...

Looks like Phil needed the Gamma-O, so that he could have won and partied like a rockstar....

congrats to both guys! they put on a helluva fight.

the 2 most hated fighters in mma brought it!

to all of you who buy into the hype you got your money's worth.

Phil has had alot of losses that were to make him better but he just hasn't got all that better. You gotta give phil credit but no way did I think that he would beat frank........

"Can't ask a man more than come out and give it his all.
I give Baroni props as well.

TTT for a speedy recovery my friend."

100% Agreed.

All you losers who are shittalking from your keyboards need to get a life. The guy almost got suffocated to death for what is still considered a shit pay in such a brutal sport.

Id like to see some of you assholes get in the cage and show us how its done. Youd get murdered. Appreciate the fact that these guys are sacrificing alot of things in there life just to put on a good show for you.

I never liked his trashtalking but after this fight Im a new fan. The guy is a do or die type of fighter and they should be appreciated.

Baroni gave shamrock all he could handle!!!!!!! Shamrock may not have came out for round 3.

Win or lose it was an entertaining fight and that's what matters most. Both guys gave it their all and it was a good fight.

Personally, tonight Baroni was more impressive in this loss then in any of his wins.

Can any of you honestly say that when you are out and have nothing left you will keep fighting? He could have easily just layed there after he got dropped but he continued to fight

Can any of you say or even fathom that when some one is choking you out and your going unconcious you would fight to get out like your life depended on it?

Phil Baroni
Yamatodamashii

In my opinion, Phil is a great fighter when he is in charge. However, when he is not in charge, I think the mental chaos creates cardio problems for him. I suspect his greatest growth would be learning to train more in trouble so he can mentally deal with trouble. If he improves in this aspect of the game, he will not tire and can move back to his strenghts. Every time Phil get's taken out of his game he gets tired. I honestly believe it has more to do with his mind than his physical training/conditioning. Anyway, that is my two cents on Phil Baroni.

"Can any of you honestly say that when you are out and have nothing left you will keep fighting?"

Yeah, this attitude worked well for Enson in his fight with Igor. Three months in the hospital anyone??

golf clap

Live like a man, die like a man, to become a man. To go into battle and fight with the will to die and almost die I am sure it changes your out look on life.

Not saying it is right or wrong as every one has there own judgements. Personally based on my beliefs I am pretty sure I couldn't do it if I had too but for those who can and do it is something different.

You ever watch the videos where that one tribe jumps off a high tower and smacks there head on the ground? Looks stupid as hell but it's like there right to pass into man hood, same thing. Face your fear of death head on and see what happens.

"Live like a man, die like a man, to become a man. To go into battle and fight with the will to die and almost die I am sure it changes your out look on life."

I 100% agree with this, if you're dying for something that's worth your life. Putting all your will into the idea of being willing to die isn't as smart as putting all of your will into winning the fight you are in. That was the difference between Frank and Baroni. Frank had the will to be the best fighter, Baroni had the will to die.

Note the result.

Part of it I think is marketing the NYBA image. Kind of like how Tito was back in the day when everyone hated on him. Like how they had him posing and fixing his hair getting ready for the fight. I think that's all part of the show.

From what I've seen Phil is actually a pretty good guy

"Note the result."

The result was the fight didn't end in 1 minute and 30 seconds of the first round. Most fighters would have be done at that point. I don't see too many people continuing to fight past that.

Phil fought to the end and pushed Frank hard (note frank's cardio after round 1 and after the fight).

If you focus on winning when your caught you tend to tap prematurly because your thinking "hell I'm not winning and this isn't part of the plan" The option is tap or go to sleep. Phil's option was get out or go to sleep so he tried hard to get out. It didn't work out but it could have.

"The result was the fight didn't end in 1 minute and 30 seconds of the first round. Most fighters would have be done at that point. I don't see too many people continuing to fight past that."

Yeah, I agree. Phil's heart made this fight one of the most exciting of the year.

Still would have been better for him if he had won. He would have beat the man, and to be the man, you have to beat the man.

For sure. Frank is an awesome fighter, and I don't think too many people will be able to beat him at 185.