Congratulations Bocek!

ttt

Having had the benifit of seeing the fight both live and on tape a couple of times, I can say Bocek clearly dominated the fight.

congrats

In addition to congratulating Mark Bocek on making the trip worthwhile, I would like to congratulate Colangelo for agreeing to fight Mark.

If anything the jock situation could have made Mark a tad nervous or may have taken his mind off his game plan, but he didn't miss a stride once the fight started. Great debut.

Mike

yes... id say Bocek clearly won that round.
he picked apart colangelo's ground game in a manor that reflected the discrepancy of their attained jiu jitsu ranks.
when it came to the standup, i think bocek also completely dominated. i remember wincing at the knees that were hitting colangelo's body. bocek stayed active in the clinch and i think colangelo threw in the towel because he had enough.

amazing debut for bocek, and hopefully better luck for colangelo in the future.

Well put dolla bill.

None of Bocek's strikes had aby power and you guys seem to forget the push kick that knocked Bocek half way accross the ring and the left hook that staggard him. I thought Bocek wont he round but not by much. HE did no damage but had 3 takedowns, superior positiona dn controlled the tempo.

I'd like to see them go at it agian when both are 100%. It was a great fight.

Congrats!

Cascagrossa5 this is a congrats to Bocek thread. Please don't forget to congratulate Mark Bocek, and leave your contrarion opinions on the TKO results page.

Congrats Mark! Dan & Syl.

Awesome job by Bocek, showed a lot of pacience and great control over Colangelo.

Big congrats From the Munduruca/Doerksen Team Winnipeg.

TTT for Bocek!

ttt

bocek dominated colangelo from start to finish. stikes, takedowns and positions were all controlled by bocek. when an oppenent at the end of the round is mounted and is having their head repeatedly punched, IMO it is very clear who won that fight. Excuses are much easier to say than admitting you lost.

WAY TO GO BOCEK!

I congratulated him in person.

congrats bo'

i can't wait until they give you your shot at the Canadian lightwight title

domination is definitely a much to strong word for describing either fighter's performance in that first round. a good review of the fight can be read at mmaringreport.com.

I saw the fight twice on tape last night and it would have to depend on your definition of domination. If getting all the takedowns, controlling the positions, doing all the passing and getting the mount aren't dominating then you and I have a different defintion of domination.

The push kick that I read about elsewhere was not "half way across the ring" and it was just that, a push. All it did was stall Bocek's forward movement for a couple seconds. I saw a few of Colangelo's strike/knees but they did nothing to stop Bocek's takedown's. I coudn't see where Bocek was staggered by that left hook maybe it looked different live. I did see Colangelo's head snap back from a straight jab though.