Congratulations Court McGee

Today UFC welterweight Court McGee has wife and two sons, Isaac and Crew Charles, one of whom is named after Chuck Liddell. And he's a former heroin addict; in 2005, he was declared clinically dead after overdosing; he had to learn to walk, speak again.

The extraordinary life change was made possible by sobriety, and he just celebrated his 14th year of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_DSSYNBuro/?utm_source=ig_embed

8 Likes

Good for him, I'm struggling to stop smoking and this guy kicked something that would've taken me for sure.

2 Likes

Major congrats! 

He was an inspiration for me by showing that life wasnt over "after".

Good job. Always liked this dude. 

Awesome

Most fail where he succeeded, good for him. Life after addiction seems pointless to a lot of us, it’s fucking hard to just live much less get to the gym n train everyday etc...  

Opiates aren't no joke to get off of. Im a couple months away from hitting my 9 yr mark. I can only hope I make it as far as he's made it.  Hats off to him no doubt. 

Congrstulations Mcgee

Awesome!

Respect

Joshinho -

Good for him, I'm struggling to stop smoking and this guy kicked something that would've taken me for sure.

Get Allen Carr's book, you will stop guaranteed.

Nytron -
Joshinho -

Get Allen Carr's book, you will stop guaranteed.

The small one? I've read it, stopped for about 4 months, then gave in again. I'm still trying though, I'm on champix (pill to help stop smoking) atm