Congratulations Matt

Matt,

Huge congratulations on a hard fought victory mate!!!

Of all the guys who fought last night, no-one deserved to win more than you. 'Fight of the night' award to cap off a huge night in the ring.

For those not at Spartan, Matt won a tough match against a very tenacious Rafe Holm from Qld, Rafe was in great shape and really served it up to Matt in the first round some heavy standing exchanges. Rafe had huge crowd support, big atmosphere as they chanted 'Rafe, Rafe, Rafe'. The 2nd round was pretty much one way with Matt securing mount and finishing by rear choke as Rafe
turtled to avoid further strikes.

Matt showed his trademark courage stepping up (on only 3 days notice) at the first opportunity after a disappointing loss to Kym Robinson in Melbourne 3 weeks ago.

Outstanding result.

Regards

Gerald.

My congratulations to Matt, showing real balls to step up at such short notice. A well deserved win.
Andrew

Great news!!! Congratulations Matt.

Congrats Matt. Good win at such short notice.

Well done Matt, sounds like a great effort. Hope you now are not so hard on yourself and know that you have it in you. Well done man.

Props to Matt for taking a fight on such short notice... and for winning as well :-)

Kyle

Huge congratulations Matt.

From all accounts your fight sounded like a war, good stuff mate.

Keep up the hard work.

Respect to you always.

Kym Robinson

Great job Matt.

Props to his opposition, but I thought he controlled the fight from start to finnish.

Great work Matt!!

What a machine. He looks awsome in the ring guys. I couldn't have expected to see a more explosive fight. If anyone in Melbourne gets the chance, go and train with Matt. He certainly knows how its done!

Well done Matt, looking forward to coming to UW in the near future!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey Matt. Great fight! I was so drawn into the intensity of this battle and the crowds energy just lifted the night up even higher. You were both winners in my eyes for different reasons and it would be a pleasure to have you back.
Cheers!

I must add,... I've read alot of Matt's posts and he seems to portrait a genuine (sp?) love for the sport of MMA and he's what it's all about. Fighting. After his last tough loss and taking this fight on 2 days notice. I cheer'd him the whole way and thought it was the fight of the night. Great job Matt.

Didn't get a chance to say hello at SPARTAN hence my comment.

Congrats Matt and I hope next years even better for you.

- Juggs

Hope hes fighting again in the fights in Melb on the 12th Feb. Love to see him at his best.