Congratulations Stables

I would like to congratulate my coach and friend Mark Stables on being promoted to 1st stripe black belt by Marcus Soares. Really well deserved.

Awesome. So sorry I missed it.

Mark gave me a home when I had no place to train, and made my jiu-jitsu suck less. He is one of the kindest, most generous and most genuine people I know. I am very proud to be one of his purple belts, and to call him a friend.

Congratulations good sir.

I also find Stables to be one of the kindest most generous and most genuine people I know.
And he has bad-assed Jiu-Jitsu for MMA on accounta his secret mean streak.

Big congrats.

Congrats! Phone Post

Score one for the good guys! Congratz! Phone Post

ttt for mean jiu jitsu!

Mark is an awesome instructor, practitioner and all around good guy who doesn't get anywhere near the recognition he deserves. Congrats from everyone at Empire and thanks for everything you've done for everybody!

I tend to think belts and gi are stupid, but last time I said that to Mark he beat me up in no-gi, adding in a "stable-izer" for good measure. Lachlan was there and he will attest to my pain and shame. Conclusion: regardless of belt colour, Mark is a bad person with mean jiu-jitsu and cool tattoos.

Congrats Professor !

Huge congrats to Mark. Well deserved. Phone Post

congrats Mr. Stables

Congrats Mark! Go Team Soares!

Congratulations Mark.

Congrats Mark!!

SweetPotato - I tend to think belts and gi are stupid, but last time I said that to Mark he beat me up in no-gi, adding in a "stable-izer" for good measure. Lachlan was there and he will attest to my pain and shame. Conclusion: regardless of belt colour, Mark is a bad person with mean jiu-jitsu and cool tattoos.

I don't think that i can stand by such a blatant lie. The idea of mark only kicking someone in the nads once while rolling is a blatant falsehood unless the "rolling" was a demonstration and even then he tries to show it from a couple of angles. I have a new theory that he is simply trying to prevent the rest of the males from breeding so he can have all the pretty women. A cunning plan worthy of a first degree bjj bb.

Kidding aside this is well deserved and anyone who knows mark knows that he may be stoic and play it cool but this is big honour and I am glad to have him share his knowledge and patience with me. Kudos to you mr Stables.

Congrats! huge accomplishment.
If it wasn't for Stables I wouldn't be able to do the splats on two chairs

Congrats Stables, well deserved and long overdue... Phone Post

Congrats!!

Thanks so much for all the kind words :)

Amazing acheivement Professor Stables. Thank you for all your support!