Congresswoman - "Get Over Your Damn Glibness"

Rep. Cynthia Lummis finishes her questioning time at the health care hearing by talking about her husband, who died from a heart attack, and the problems they had with health care.

Sounds like a politically motivated woman who basically just bullshitted her entire fucking statement

Lummis has been a member of Congress since 2009. That means, since 2009 she and her family have been covered under the Congressional healthcare plan, a plan that far exceeds the standards of so-called "Obamacare" (and considering that there is no one plan that is "Obamacare", her statement again is bullshit).

Her husband died in 2014. After she had been in Congress for 5 years, under the same health care plan.

In addition, in 2008 Lummis reported her self-worth at approximately $22 million. Let me spell that out for you. TWENTY TWO MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS.

She is the owner and manager of a livestock company that stretches back over 100 years, and is the 29th wealthiest member of Congress.

And she blames Obamacare for her husband not getting a test done?

Fuck her. Her husband died because he made a choice. Not one he was financially forced to do because they were poor, and unable to afford it. He made a fucking choice.

Fuck her.

Not sure what you're talking about she said he didn't die because of obamacare. She's concerned about other people who don't have her resources, and that those who implemented the plan don't realize the implications it has on every day people.

" I'm not telling you that my husband died because of Obamacare. He died because he had a massive heart attack in his sleep."

cruedi, she also basically blamed the lack of detection of the heart attack on him passing on a test because of the supposed mix up since they were "on Obamacare."

First off, she and her husband weren't on "Obamacare."

Secondly, she has enough money (and her husband's family as well) to pay for any fucking test they want out of pocket.

So in other words, her attempt at a emotional, drive to the voters story/soundbite is nothing more than bullshit.

She says she doesn't blame Obamacare, but basically blames Obamacare.

Fuck off, you political harpy.

Chocolate Shatner - cruedi, she also basically blamed the lack of detection of the heart attack on him passing on a test because of the supposed mix up since they were "on Obamacare."

First off, she and her husband weren't on "Obamacare."

Secondly, she has enough money (and her husband's family as well) to pay for any fucking test they want out of pocket.

So in other words, her attempt at a emotional, drive to the voters story/soundbite is nothing more than bullshit.

She says she doesn't blame Obamacare, but basically blames Obamacare.

Fuck off, you political harpy.

no she did not. you're obviously not reading her words

""My husband was having chest pains at the time that he was told we were not enrolled in Obamacare, and come to find out, he didn't have all of the tests that he was advised by his physician to have," said Lummis. "So on October 24, a week before the election, my husband went to sleep and never woke up."

She (and he) knew they weren't enrolled in obamacare.

Her point is people like Gruber are joking about obamacare while people are being impacted by it.

I'm sorry you're such a partisan democrat that want's to vilify any republican that you can't read for yourself what somebody says.

creudi, way to hack a quote to try and twist her words

She said earlier that they had enrolled in Obamacare, then were told they weren't, then sent in more paperwork, and were told they were, then told they weren't during testing.

The fact of the matter is SHE NEVER WAS EVER ON OBAMACARE. She was on the Congressional Health Care plan, and had been for 5 fucking years.

She also has enough money should could have bought the entire fucking hospital, with personal worth ranging between 20 and 75 million dollars.

This is not some barely scraping by person who just lucked into Congress a la Jefferson Smith. She's a career politician, who was part of her state house since 1979, and part of Washington since 2009. She's the owner and manager of a 100 year old major livestocking company, and richer than over 400 other members of Congress.

So no..... FUCK HER. I am sorry her husband died, but to try and turn that into some sort of pathetic, politically motivated attack on Obamacare is a fucking joke.

10 seconds into the video: "I'm on Obamacare, my husband was on Obamacare."

Again, no you aren't, no he wasn't.

20 seconds: "And we were told we enrolled in Obamacare, and then when we filed claims we were told we were not, and then we got it straightened out, and he filed claims and we were told once again we were not on Obamacare."

Again, YOU WERE NEVER ON OBAMACARE

50 seconds: "And come to find out that he did not have all the tests that he was advised by his physician to do."

In other words, you lied about being on Obamacare (you're on the Congressional Health Care Plan), your husband was advised by his doctor and passed on the tests, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THE 29TH RICHEST MEMBER OF CONGRESS.

No, fuck you. Your husband made a decision.

Oh, and her husband was 65. Not exactly a spring chicken. And she can claim that he was "by all appearances a perfectly healthy man," yet if

1) he was having chest pains enough to go to the doctor,

and

2) passed on the tests advised by his doctor

then he obviously wasn't perfectly healthy.

HOLY SHIT shatner you are acting like a real butthurt bitch on this thread. You just want to hear what you want to hear. She CLEARLY said " I'm not telling you that my husband died because of Obamacare. He died because he had a massive heart attack in his sleep."

I've never heard of her before this thread so I'm not a supporter. But you are coming across like a huge cunt man.

Wait a minute shouldn't the problem be that at a worth of 22 million she is only the 29th richest.
Yea these politicians are just like the common people. Phone Post 3.0

Obamacare is so bad that not only are congress members exempt from it they can't enroll in it either.

Test For Echo - 

HOLY SHIT shatner you are acting like a real butthurt bitch on this thread. You just want to hear what you want to hear. She CLEARLY said " I'm not telling you that my husband died because of Obamacare. He died because he had a massive heart attack in his sleep."

I've never heard of her before this thread so I'm not a supporter. But you are coming across like a huge cunt man.

I'm just not ignoring the first minute and thirty seconds of the video, that's all. She's trying to use a personal tragedy to try and score points against Obamacare, a totally reprehensible pathetic scummy political move.

NYer and SFC, you are correct that at her wealth, her only being the 29th richest is a travesty.