Conor accepts Dustin fight, to donate 500k 2 GFF..

Malvert the Janitor -
da Vinci 81 -

I hope it goes through but I don’t see this happening. Conor is making Dana eat his words since he came out and said conor will not fight this year so this is his way of putting him on the hot seat. Conor obviously wants to fight but I don’t think the ufc wants him in their this year and the biggest reason is no live gate revenue. 

You nailed it. 

This is gamesmanship - and it’s Conor vs Dana. 

The “it must happen in 2020” is putting Dana in check for saying Conor would absolutely NOT fight in 2020. 

As you’ve stated, the only losers in this fight scenario are Dana and his UFC co-owners. They reap no gate from a McGregor card and lose literally millions while still having to pay Conor 2 million to show plus pay per view. Win/win for Conor, lose/lose for the company. 

Yep, Conor is pretty good at the "games" 

Dunno why, but I got a feeling Dustin knocks him out and Conor walks away for good.. 

Dreville79 -

Dunno why, but I got a feeling Dustin knocks him out and Conor walks away for good.. 

Highly possible.    Seemed like in the first fight Conors mind games put presure on Dustin. Not sure that will work this time,  in fact i think Conor will play the nice guy act like he did with Cowboy.  Plus at 155 Dustin seems much better.   Problem is,  Dustin gets hit.   

KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Ministry of Truth - I'm not very interested in this fight for a few reasons:

For one, it’s a rematch where Conor destroyed him in less than two minutes. Rematches like this should never happen unless there’s controversy from the first fight or it’s merit-based and specifically for the title.

Second, although Dustin has certainly improved, just two fights ago against Khabib he showed he still can break easily when things aren’t going his way, which is exactly what Conor did to him when they fought. I know many of us would love to see Dustin get revenge, but it just doesn’t seem like a realistic outcome.

Other than the charity angle, it’s just not a compelling matchup at this time.

There was a ton of controversy after the fight about Conor knocking Dustin out with back of the head shots. There was definitely some controversy there, but nobody cared at the time because everyone was all over Connors nuts.

Wait, so was there a ton of controversy after the fight or did no one care because they were all over Conor’s nuts? 

I don’t seem to recall a lot of media attention given to any sort of controversy, nor do I recall Dustin challenging the TKO. 

scrapdo -
JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
sureshock -

This begs the question...why didn't Mcgregor challenge Tony ? It would inch him closer to a title shot rather than fighting Dustin...

Because he knows Dustin is an easier fight than Tony and he’ll be gifted a title shot either way. 

I think Dustin beats Tony at this point. 

That’s not the question. The question is who does Conor think is an easier fight for him. That’s what he does, easiest fight then title shot. 

It’s pretty hard to claim that the easier fight for Conor isn’t a guy he already destroyed. 

Meh. Wouldn’t say easier. Dustin is still dangerous. But after watching Tony be a punching bag to Gaethje, what makes you think Conor wouldn’t be able to do the same?

Malvert the Janitor -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

For one, it’s a rematch where Conor destroyed him in less than two minutes. Rematches like this should never happen unless there’s controversy from the first fight or it’s merit-based and specifically for the title.

Second, although Dustin has certainly improved, just two fights ago against Khabib he showed he still can break easily when things aren’t going his way, which is exactly what Conor did to him when they fought. I know many of us would love to see Dustin get revenge, but it just doesn’t seem like a realistic outcome.

There was a ton of controversy after the fight about Conor knocking Dustin out with back of the head shots. There was definitely some controversy there, but nobody cared at the time because everyone was all over Connors nuts.

Wait, so was there a ton of controversy after the fight or did no one care because they were all over Conor’s nuts? 

I don’t seem to recall a lot of media attention given to any sort of controversy, nor do I recall Dustin challenging the TKO. 

If Conor looses to Justin, it sets up a triolgy fight.  

If Conor looses to Tony, he's maybe done.  

Charliemma -
Malvert the Janitor -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -

If Conor looses to Justin, it sets up a triolgy fight.  

If Conor looses to Tony, he's maybe done.  

Conor will not lose to Dustin or Tony. There is no threat of the takedown. Both are easy fights for Conor. Imo. Conor has basically steamrolled every striker he has faced. Chad took him down and had some success. Khabib did the same. I really don't see anyone at 155 giving Conor problems other than Khabib. 

scrapdo -
JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
sureshock -

This begs the question...why didn't Mcgregor challenge Tony ? It would inch him closer to a title shot rather than fighting Dustin...

Because he knows Dustin is an easier fight than Tony and he’ll be gifted a title shot either way. 

That’s not the question. The question is who does Conor think is an easier fight for him. That’s what he does, easiest fight then title shot. 

It’s pretty hard to claim that the easier fight for Conor isn’t a guy he already destroyed. 

Easy fights like:

Aldo 145 champ

Eddie 155 champ

Mayweather GOAT boxer

Khabib current 155 undefeated champ

yeah you're making a ton of sense. Go on..

JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
sureshock -

Easy fights like:

Aldo 145 champ

Edgar 155 champ

Mayweather GOAT boxer

You mean Eddie Alvarez, not Edgar? 

Charliemma -
JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
JThomasufc91 -
scrapdo -
sureshock -

Easy fights like:

Aldo 145 champ

Edgar 155 champ

Mayweather GOAT boxer

You mean Eddie Alvarez, not Edgar? 

Yes lol. That's my typo and I own it with dignity!

Didn't Khabib say, fight Dustin, fight Justin then we talk about rematch?

Conor gonna knock Dustin ass out. 

Is one month long enough to promote the fight?  One of the things I love most about Conor is the pre-fight craziness and the hype it generates

Win or lose, Conor doesn’t go in there to point fight and win safe decisions.

Whatever gets him back in the cage ASAP I’m all for. As should anyone be who loves watching mma.