Conor answers RDA

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/11/15/21565764/el-chap-conor-mcgregor-answers-rafael-dos-anjos-laughs-at-dana-white

Rafael dos Anjos argues he and Conor McGregor should fight because they’re the only undisputed champions in the running for the UFC lightweight title.

McGregor agrees.

The former two-division champion took to Twitter to answer dos Anjos’ callout after a gutsy win over Paul Felder in the headliner of UFC Vegas 14 on Saturday.

McGregor poked fun at dos Anjos, his would-be opponent at UFC 196, and UFC President Dana White as he welcomed a rebooking against the Brazilian – with one caveat.

McGregor is currently booked to rematch former interim champ Dustin Poirier on Jan. 23. UFC President Dana White has said the bout could take place on Fight Island if all goes as planned.

Poirier takes priority for McGregor after the two agreed on Twitter to a charity MMA fight. Now, they will fight in the octagon following a series of twists and turns that saw McGregor verbally tussle with White before agreeing to the rematch.

Dos Anjos re-established himself as a serious threat on Saturday after four years in the welterweight division, where he went 4-4 and failed to capture the interim title in a bout against Colby Covington.

McGregor, a frequent watcher of the UFC when not galavanting around the world, didn’t take long to respond to his would-be foe. The Irish star revived a verbal jab at dos Anjos, whom he squared off with at a press conference for UFC 196, comparing the Brazilian’s attire to that worn by captured drug pin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

McGregor wound up fighting Nate Diaz at UFC 196 when dos Anjos broke his foot in training and was forced to withdraw. In a massive upset, Diaz submitted McGregor to cement a rivalry that extended into a rematch – and possible future trilogy.

It’s been 10 months since McGregor returned to the octagon with a stoppage of Donald Cerrone at UFC 246. He’s entertained a boxing match with Manny Pacquiao along with a showdown against Diego Sanchez as he griped with the UFC. Now, opponents are lining up to meet his return.

Hong Kong Phooey -

McGregor, a frequent watcher of the UFC when not galavanting around the world, didn’t take long to respond to his would-be foe. The Irish star revived a verbal jab at dos Anjos, whom he squared off with at a press conference for UFC 196, comparing the Brazilian’s attire to that worn by captured drug pin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

McGregor wound up fighting Nate Diaz at UFC 196 when dos Anjos broke his foot in training and was forced to withdraw. In a massive upset, Diaz submitted McGregor to cement a rivalry that extended into a rematch – and possible future trilogy.

It’s been 10 months since McGregor returned to the octagon with a stoppage of Donald Cerrone at UFC 246. He’s entertained a boxing match with Manny Pacquiao along with a showdown against Diego Sanchez as he griped with the UFC. Now, opponents are lining up to meet his return.

What'sa drug pin?

Bad fight for Conor,  I think he gets mauled on the ground

yomamafool -
Hong Kong Phooey -

What'sa drug pin?

a drug pin helps loads of people to blow lines. hope that explains.

![Rafael dos Anjos and Conor McGregor square off at UFC 197 press conference.](upload://lfupNDH7B93lscGTiW9DYGc48mm.jpeg)

Tim Duncan -

Wow...

You mean the guy that just fought Paul Felder to a split decision? Why didn’t he just maul Paul on the ground? 

1 Like

He dominated Paul on the ground and in a 5 round fight Conor would as.

I am a Conor fan and like watching him fight,  this is just my opinion

Malvert the Janitor - 
Tim Duncan -

Wow...

You mean the guy that just fought Paul Felder to a split decision? Why didn’t he just maul Paul on the ground? 

Has anyone mauled Paul on the ground? Felder has beaten some excellent grapplers and I can’t recall him ever getting “mauled” on the ground.

Conor has good defensive BJJ, but he is not great at getting back to his feet. Paul is probably better at that than Conor is.

Also, RDA’s callout was smart. But, that doesn’t make it right, exactly.

Yes, RDA is a former champion. But, that narrative isn’t complete if you don’t include Tony beating him up at 155 before he went up to WW.

I think Conor takes it, but it doesn’t make sense yet. RDA shouldn’t jump ahead of any of the other top six guys. Maybe if Conor loses to Dustin 

1 Like
Lights Out Lurker -

Conor wins via embarrassing ko in the first. RDA is not on the same level as Conor.

This. The delusion is strong in many...

“RDA shouldn’t jump ahead of any of the other top six guys”

And yet this is what Conor is doing.

Mr Karate - "RDA shouldn’t jump ahead of any of the other top six guys"

And yet this is what Conor is doing.

Everyone in the division wants to fight Conor because he’s the money fight, and also who most people predict will be champ. Dos Anjos looks great, but he was ranked outside the top ten and was supposed to be a stepping stone for the newest Dagestani wrestler. Whether he wins or loses to Islam is unknown and a separate debate. But RDA and McGregor are two totally different scenarios. Especially as Conor is already supposedly booked to fight number 2 ranked Poirier 

I would bet on Mac in that fight based on the fact that he has a slightly bigger head and frame

Malvert the Janitor -
Tim Duncan -

Wow...

LOL please, sure it was judged as a SD, but we all know that was extremely lopsided.

RDA will be very competitive.

1 Like

RDA has a good chin, solid defense, very good kicks, good MMA wrestling, an excellent top game, excellent cardio, and good clinch work.

I’d love to see him fight Conor.

1 Like
Malvert the Janitor - 
Lights Out Lurker -

Conor wins via embarrassing ko in the first. RDA is not on the same level as Conor.

This. The delusion is strong in many...

If only they had common opponents. Then, we could see how delusional these idiots really are!

Oh, wait. They do have common opponents.

-Both got mauled by Khabib, but RDA faced much less damage.

-Both fought Nate Diaz. RDA beat the shit out of him. Conor was finished once and then won a close war.

-Both fought Eddie Alvarez. Conor destroyed Eddie. RDA got hurt early and was finished by him.

-Both beat the shit out of Cowboy.

The idea that Conor is an easy money pick is silly. He might win. But, I can’t see why anyone would project such confidence on what is ultimately a tough fight to pick.

2 Likes
Lights Out Lurker -

Regarding striking, this is correct.  But like many of Conor's fights, he need to count on this happening.  If RDA get's him to the ground, then RDA is on another level, wrestling and BJJ for MMA. 

I think Conor is elusive enough and quick enough to get damage in quickly, setting up a KO strike before being taken down.

The part of this post I disagree with the most is using the word embarassing.  Nothing at all embarassing about being KO'd by Conor.  He's one of the best strikers in that division.