Conor calls out prominent MMA coaches!

1 Like

I like Conor but he is more sensation than substance these days. I love that he donates millions to Tunnel to Towers but I am sad he doesn’t have the credibility to fill my tank.

4 Likes

What does getting “caught up” mean? Like the game surpassed him? I agree with that. And Firas Zahabi is a cult leader

yess-yes

1 Like

Every one of those coaches has produced multiple successful fighters. Wtf has Kavannaugh done? Even his best pupil had a prime like a flash in the pan. He’ll never win anything meaningful again.

Is Conman talking about the touchbutt system?

2 Likes

Conor is an absolute idiot. There’s nothing special about his team

3 Likes

Oh and what a shocker this is

1 Like

Conor never would have been a single champ, let alone a double champ if he had to win eight or ten fights in a row to get a title shot like Khabib, Oliveira, Makhachev, Edwards etc…

They let Conor avoid the tough fights with Edgar and Oliveira to get him in the FW title picture. Denis Siver was available!

He got to skip over the entire LW division to get a crack at aging Eddie.

Chandler gets a crack at the title after going 1-0 at LW and Gaethje was in a title fight after KOing shot Cowboy.

If UFC likes the idea of you as champ they give ya a LW title fight when you are 0-0 at LW like Conor or they give you the Nunes fight when you are 3-2 over six years like Pena. If UFC don’t have an interest in you as champ then you gotta go 7-0 at WW after you already fought Anderson, Chael, Weidman, Shields, Fitch etc… and you don’t get a title shot until you are 40 like they did with Maia.

5 Likes

The three (technically four) LW champions after Pettis were definitely paper champs simply for the fact Khabib was out two years only to return to a division whose champ was a guy he treated like a ragdoll. That injury changed everything, Conor would have never been champ champ, probably no Mayweather fight either. Add in Conor’s paternity leave held up the division so bad. If Khabib was able to be active his entire UFC run he would have 3+ more years to his championship catalogue.

Also doubt he beats a full camp Mendes either who wouldn’t gas or go for risky submissions to end the fight early.

2 Likes

Don’t forget how Conman won his FW title too, which was never defended.

Amazing win in the moment but obviously could have gone differently if there was a real fight versus a highlight flash finish.

Conman could easily have won zero UFC titles and done nothing.

Good for him taking advantage, his success was just a perfect storm of circumstances and one great punch.

1 Like