Conor: forget Pacquiao, fook WWE, I want MMA next

Sorry Pacquiao ... Conor McGregor says his putting his boxing career on hold for a bit -- because he wants his next bout to be a "real fight."

Conor was out with his baby mama Dee Devlin in NYC when he was asked about his fighting future -- and rumors he's hammering out a deal to box Manny Pacquiao

But McGregor shot that down real fast -- insulting the sweet science in the process ... saying, "I think a true right is what I want to do next."

He added, "MMA next."

The big question ... who's up first in the UFC? Nate Diaz? Tony Ferguson? Tyron Woodley??

One thing's for sure ... Conor ain't down with the WWE -- and had a short 4-letter word for Vince McMahon's company. 

Damn it must not be easy yup you made millions and millions but all those fucking cameras everywhere. Trying to mind your business and just enjoying the peace must be impossible. Never been huge Conor fan but damn I feel bad cameras and mics in your face all the time. I am kinda suprissed that we do not see more often when somebody just goes off and attacks a cameraman or something :(

Hey Conor, instead of fighting for 5-10 million (if that) in the ufc, come fight boxing and earn 50+ million

WHat do you think he will do?

Well he's got the speedy signature 'initials' down to an speedy art form now........it must be tough to get a real signature out of him, but it's they way you've got to do it if there are that many people holding a pen in your face all the time. At least he still stops to sign shit for the fans like he said he always would.

I got Dana to sign a program for my kid once, and he did address him by name, but also signed with his initials.

Don't fuck with me Conor, not on my birthday!

conor / gsp

lets go

kungfugrip - Hey Conor, instead of fighting for 5-10 million (if that) in the ufc, come fight boxing and earn 50+ million

I think he’s return to mma and sustain the good health of the brand he has created. He might squeeze one more decent paycheque out of boxing, but it won’t be4 anywhere near the payout he received for Mayweather. The novelty is no longer there, and Pac isn’t the same draw anymore. If they fought, Manny would destroy him and Conor’s brand would be tarnished going forward, where as now he can return to mma and win a couple more big fights and the legend continues to grow. Still big money, bigger than ever before for him in the UFC, and someday he can ride off into the sunset with his head held very high, continuing to make sweet coin off ongoing sponsorships and other opportunities.

Kill the brand now with stupid decisions and the immediate payoff will be negated by lost opportunities down the road in my opinion.

kungfugrip - Hey Conor, instead of fighting for 5-10 million (if that) in the ufc, come fight boxing and earn 50+ million

He needs to mix in a win to keep the machine going. MMA against a handpicked opponent and then back to the money well. 

Samoa -

He needs to mix in a win to keep the machine going. MMA against a handpicked opponent and then back to the money well. 

I think there are no handpicked opponents for Conor at this point. All those guys in talks of fighting Conor have a very real chance of beating him.

touch -
Samoa -

I think there are no handpicked opponents for Conor at this point. All those guys in talks of fighting Conor have a very real chance of beating him.

Absolutely. His best chance of winning is clearly in mma, but you’re spot on, every fight he has in front of him going forward comes with a lot of risk. Whatever it turns out to be though, it’s gonna be fun.

touch -
Samoa -

I dunno, maybe Max rematch, come to think of it? But I wouldn’t write Max off against the new cokehead Conor either.

touch -
Samoa -

I think they feel Nate is a win. I could see them picking someone like Barboza which I would see as Conor as a solid favorite. 

No there are no easy fights but Conor is elite in MMA. He needs to sprinkle W’s in to keep the circus going. He’s 2-2 in his last 4…he’llneed to stay around that to fuel the personna. 

Max beats him at FW I believe for several reasons but I don’t ever see CM going to 145 again. 

I think Conor 100% fights someone in boxing next.

The UFC/MMALOGIC were prancing around here about a month ago, telling us all how they're going to get $450Mil for the next TV deal.  Now they're walking around like a beaten dog saying it's just 200.

So you tell me.  Does the UFC want Conor to box to the tune of 50 mil in *their* pocket?  Or do they want him to fight Tony Ferguson?

Right.

Barboza is a good stylistic match-up for Conor but he doesn't get past Khabib.

jgiveshead -

The UFC/MMALOGIC were prancing around here about a month ago, telling us all how they're going to get $450Mil for the next TV deal.  Now they're walking around like a beaten dog saying it's just 200.

So you tell me.  Does the UFC want Conor to box to the tune of 50 mil in *their* pocket?  Or do they want him to fight Tony Ferguson?

Right.

The UFC isn't getting anywhere near 50 mil for a boxing match with Conor. I believe they received 25% of his purse from the Mayweather fight. He'll never pull in anything close to what he made in that fight ever again.

sgotwalks -
jgiveshead -

Right.

The UFC isn't getting anywhere near 50 mil for a boxing match with Conor. I believe they received 25% of his purse from the Mayweather fight. He'll never pull in anything close to what he made in that fight ever again.

I agree with "anything close".  I still think it's the money fight for them.  Especially since they can do Nate Diaz anytime later.

He’ll clear 10 mill easy. I’m really interested to see how he comes back and how hungry he looks.

I hope that McGregor still fills this way.