Conor/Khabib = Till/Woodley = Stipe/Cormier

Both the wrestlers won in Woodley/Till Stipe/Cormier fights. This is a pattern. We’ve seen this same pattern since the early days. Conor has about a 1 in 4 chance at catching him but Khabib is Cormier and Woodley and possibly an even better grappler than the 2. Safe bet on Khabib imo.

Insightful first post. 

Except both Woodley and Cormier are dangerous strikers, too. Khabib just isn’t. At all. 

That fact is is what makes this a competitive fight and a tough fight to gamble on. 

Damn thats a solid point not to be ignored. Ill eat my words now. I guess the noob in me. This could be a passing of the garb

Khabib keeps his head on a platter and plods all over.

Conor is the best headhunter in the game. 

I'm just saying look into it...

Due to control the grappler always has a better chance. A striker has a very limited range that he can do damage in and he has very little control over what the other fighter can do. He has to catch the grappler in that range when the grappler chooses to be there. He also has to be willing to attack when the grappler gets in range and not defend... which also creates a dilemma because if he doesn’t defend he can get taken down to the grapplers world and in that world the grappler has much more control on the ground than what the striker had standing. A grappler that is standing can just take a step back and be safe. A striker on the ground is screwed if he is an inferior grappler. And what if the striker does defend when a grappler comes into his range looking for a takedown? Well then it could be lights out Kevin Randleman/Mirko Crocop style. 

The grappler led always has the advantage. That’s why the GOAT’s have always been great grapplers and with the exception of Anderson Silva they basically used strikes to set up a takedown or to capitalize on their opponents respect for their takedowns. GSP, DC, Fedor, Khabib. They all had that advantage.

Khabib doesn't have the boxing on the level of DC and Woodley. Mcgregor is a wAy better boxer than Stipe and Till. Khabib isn't known for being a powerful finisher with strikes standing or ground either. Mcgregor has one of the best chins in the game. I believe this fight could play out early or late. If there is a finish its from Conor. Even if Khabib does get him down. His ground and pound isn't concussive and he's not really a submission guy besides Johnson. I think Conor KOs him early or pieces him up. After he has gotten winded ala Iaquinta fight. He has 5 5 minute rounds. Where he could potentially be in striking range standing with Conor. The way he ran at Barboza with chin high on silver platter. He's just asking to be slipped and counter fucked by Conor Mcgregor. 

The factor most seem to be ignoring is that the ref will be in the UFC’s backpocket, aka helping the cash cow Conor McGregor any way they can. The fight game is corrupt af, and I expect Conor to get atleast 2-3 gratuity standups during the fight to help him out. I expect Khabib will have to beat both Conor and the ref on fight night.. it won’t be a fair fight. Khabib will have to stay extremely active on top or he’ll get stood up for seemingly no reason.. mark my words.

KnockoutThoughts -

The factor most seem to be ignoring is that the ref will be in the UFC’s backpocket, aka helping the cash cow Conor McGregor any way they can. The fight game is corrupt af, and I expect Conor to get atleast 2-3 gratuity standups during the fight to help him out. I expect Khabib will have to beat both Conor and the ref on fight night.. it won’t be a fair fight. Khabib will have to stay extremely active on top or he’ll get stood up for seemingly no reason.. mark my words.

Shut the fuck up, you retard. You can’t seem to do anything here except to cut Conor down. 

Dont worry, if Khabib fights well enough, he will win. If Conor fights well enough, he will win. 

You just have to shit on this great fight because you are just an asshole and can’t contribute anything worthwhile at all.  Just go away