Conor McGregor signs for UFC

Dont think Holohan or Pendred are UFC level yet. Time will tell. McGregor will be a serious force.

spidermanik - 

It's gonna be a big year for SBG, I just keep watching that first gif again and again. Fightuk when are you going to pop by for a training session? Phone Post

Hope I can over soon mate, met the guys a few times at CWFC and fought Artem and he's a cool guy, would love to train with there!

irishrottie - 

Dont think Holohan or Pendred are UFC level yet. Time will tell. McGregor will be a serious force.

Whilst Pendred maybe doesn't have the same hype due to his more grinding style, he's 11-2-1, hasn't lost since 2010 and has just beaten Bruno Carvalho (14-6) in a very close fight, UFC vet David Bielkheden (17-12) in an awesome war, drew with Danny Mitchell (12-3) and beat Nico Musoke (9-2-1-1).

I don't think he can be ignored if he beats Grimaud (17-5 - eight fight win streak).

Although Grimaud has been fighting cans half the time (guys with 1 fight and guys with negative records, in 2 round bouts with special rules), he is still a very tough test, and holds a win over Jesse Taylor

If Pendred can win, and win convincingly then i think he deserves to be in the UFC

Conor is on and off with twitter, but follow him via @TheNotoriousMMA.

Congrats on the impressive debut!

Why don't we see this all the time? Guys are stuck in that position for minutes on end in half the fights we see these days but no one ever seems to want to throw 'bows with authority like that.

sweet beatdown in there today.

Conor McGregor:

"Coming into UFC didn't feel any different, a contest is a contest. I didn't feel nervous, it's all just competition. I had a problem with my wisdom teeth in the week, but nothing would have stopped me going into the Octagon, I would have fought.

"The Irish fans here were great, it's all happening back home. I want to show the Irish public what real combat is and I can really feel the buzz from back home."

orcus - 

Why don't we see this all the time? Guys are stuck in that position for minutes on end in half the fights we see these days but no one ever seems to want to throw 'bows with authority like that.

Using the arm to elbow means you're not using the arm to underhook/defend the takedown. It won't always be that successful!

Graemeo -

I really hope so

Look out for Paddy Holohan too, hes 9-0-1, got screwed on a decision years ago for the draw, the fights online, he clearly won

I heard he's trying out for the next series of TUF. Phone Post 3.0

He'd be great in the house! Owen Roddy will head over too I imagine if Holohan is going.