Conor not a "true" Champ w/o a title defense

Historically this is how it has always been and it's going to stay that way.

A primadonna entering the game, then becoming Champion, doesn't change the perspective.

The books will be written by those that keep the historical perspective in check.

Rashad Evans won the belt and did not defend it successfully. You can see how over time, most people forgot that he was ever the Champion.

The greatest Irish MMA fighter of all time Rich Franklin defended the belt successfully twice. Franklin came up repeatedly as the 2nd GOAT @ MW, mainly because he not only won the UFC title, but he also defended it.

Ben Askren defended his Bellator belt successfully 4 times.

It's time for Conor to start cutting wieght.

No more steak dinners.

No more fruits.

Time to starve down to 45 again.

He won the belt against Aldo, defended it against Mendes, different order, same thing. He just needs to fight Frankie but Frankie still has a loss to Aldo, until that's avenged Conor is correct the division is dead at this moment in time. I feel the UFC decided to wipe it out matching up Top guys like Mendes vs Frankie, and Swanson vs Stephens.. The structure at 145 is definitely all messed up. Conor will come back and it will breathe life again. Phone Post 3.0

I just came.... A fucking real CRE thread. Thank you and please continue. (Throw in some rap videos next time)

And I completely agree. Phone Post 3.0

klabo - I just came.... A fucking real CRE thread. Thank you and please continue. (Throw in some rap videos next time)

And I completely agree. Phone Post 3.0

so because aldo barely beat edgar, & conor beat aldo, conor doesnt have to prove himself against edgar lol

ug is allowing mma math now ? Phone Post 3.0

and its on, he will never make 145 again

Lorenzo and Dana are the kings who don't realize that Conor is the court jester making fun of them. He's a magician, a master of illusions, and likely a dabbler in the dark arts. No doubt does Conor consult mediums and the likes of Elkhart Tolle or Oprah to make his destiny quickened. He may even be a puppet of the illuminati. Anyone think his switching it on is eerily similar to possession? Phone Post 3.0

Poopyface TomatoNose - Lorenzo and Dana are the kings who don't realize that Conor is the court jester making fun of them. He's a magician, a master of illusions, and likely a dabbler in the dark arts. No doubt does Conor consult mediums and the likes of Elkhart Tolle or Oprah to make his destiny quickened. He may even be a puppet of the illuminati. Anyone think his switching it on is eerily similar to possession? Phone Post 3.0

Nice post but lost me at Askren. B league dominations shouldn't be used as an example of greatness or legacy. Phone Post 3.0

Rich Franklin is Irish?? And he's the 2nd GOAT? Phone Post 3.0

I actually agree and I am a fan of Conor.

It's been 6 months not 6 years.

Aldo and Edgar will decide who he fights next. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 - Nice post but lost me at Askren. B league dominations shouldn't be used as an example of greatness or legacy. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain - right or wrong, don't you know that you do not trash Askren in a CRE thread?  Are you some sadist or something?

Conor won the title from Mendez and then unified it, with his victory over the long standing champion, via knock out victory. There is nothing to question about his reign, other than he will probably never defend it. Not only is he champion, he is unified champion. That's greater in prestige than having a title defense.

Politically Incorrect - 

He has cleaned everybody but Edgar. Troll. 

Most people recognise that if he's gonna be a true champion he has to defend it atleast once. Or as a wise man once said, put some respek onnit. Phone Post 3.0

Are y'all finished, are y'all done... Phone Post 3.0