Conor TKO’ing Eddie vs. GSP sub‘ing Bisping

Ok. I was thinking of RDA beating Pettis. He dominated him for 5 rounds lol

GSP over Bisping… not to take anything away from Conor though.

Connor was bigger than Eddie when they matched up and his style was perfect against Eddie. It was an impressive win still.

GSP came off 4 year retirement to go up in weight and beat one of the MW GOATS for the title is just crazy talk. The fight and choke at the end was beautiful. I didn’t think he had it in him still, I was proven wrong.

I personally would argue Bisping as a MW UFC GOAT

the problem is that when he was champion, there were 4 or 5 guys in the mix who clearly would have kicked the shit out of him…and it’s hard to call someone a greatest of all time contender when they were like 5th or 6th best in their own division when they were champion.

Everyone is against Conor atm but at the time all of them were riding his dick when he became double champ. GSP is an MMA immortal but his win against mike was not on that level nor was anything GSP did in terms of crossing divisions

Conor KOd the FW champ and moved up and KOd Eddie. You can’t say it was taylor made because he accepted a fight with RoiDA who pulled out first.

I’m not even a Conor fan but KOing Eddie was more exciting than anything GSP did in his reign as champion

1 Like

Gsp. Bisbing is a way tougher guy. Gsp is a true 170. He added 15 pounds of mass. Conor just didn’t have to go full skeletor for his 10lb gain. No disrespect to Eddie but he was a pass thru champ. Hasn’t done much since that loss.

The way he did it too was so damn impressive. He truly made Eddie look like a 2-0 fighter in Bellator

1 Like

I had money on Eddie too. Everyone thought Eddie would wrestle him. It’s only the hindsight heros now trying to discount how epic that win was

Both were impressive but Conor beat the ever living fucking shit out of Eddie. GSP/Bisping was more competitive. So I got to give it to Conor. I could not believe how easy he made it look.

2 Likes

I thought this, too. But it seemed evident in the face-offs, etc… that Conor actually seemed to be bigger man. When I realized this, I knew he was going to win. Not as impressively as he did, but “smaller” wrestle-brawlers with less reach generally are tailor-made for Conor. That’s why he was fine with RDA as well. He knew RDA was going to stand with him and move forward in a straight line.

1 Like

Like Conor at lightweight

Has anyone ever claimed Conor is a 155 GOAT contender?

Absolutely they have, have a look at some of the threads after his latest loss, and that’s after a loss.

One poster called Bisping one of the mw goats.

Would you mind citing an example? I guarantee there are zero people that have said that Conor is the greatest fighter in the history 155 pound weight division.

Let me get this straight
So you think at any point, no one has claimed Conor to be the 155 GOAT?

Not after the Alvares fight?
Not after the Cowboy fight?

1 Like

I’m saying that you have made the assertion that people have called Conor the GOAT 155 pound fighter

I’m saying I don’t think your assertion is true, and requesting you to provide examples of this claim ever being made.

I don’t believe that anyone is stupid enough to call someone the greatest fighter in the history of a particular division based on them having 1 win in that division.

So you want me to waste my day going through old threads haha Nah I’ll be right.

So I take it that’s your answer to my question.

You believe no one has ever called Conor the the lightweight GOAT.

Fair enough haha

Conors was imo more impressive. I’ve never seen anyone being outclassed the way Conor outclassed Alvarez.

“Haha I’m totally laughing for real haha I’m not deflecting because I said some retarded bullshit hahaha maybe if I keep pretending to laugh people won’t see through my nonsense hahahahahahahaha”

No I’m laughing because you’re full of shit and/or lying.

The last time Conor was relevant was 2016 and I can’t be fucked going back that far, but you hold on to your little “victory” mate if that helps you sleep at night.

Both were a big deal