Conor: Who knew one fight...

... would derail this guys career?

Most didn't give Nate a chance before the first fight.

Pretty crazy how this is still being talked about.

Is rather see Shogun-Machida 3 Phone Post 3.0

Live by the big mouth, die by the big mouth. Phone Post 3.0

It's just a bunch of people that couldn't stand his success and the route he took getting happy about him losing. It's really weird imo, but normal. It's like a bunch of kids watching the wwf rooting for the bad guy to lose, then celebrating afterwards like they accomplished something.
A lot of these people couldn't stand Nate Diaz before this fight either. Phone Post 3.0

Thats what happens when a hype train derails. His delusional nuthuggers were talking about him going up to 170 and beating Lawler

He is the nr 1 guy at 145 but he bit off more than he could chew by moving up a weight

I think it's a little premature to suggest that his career has been derailed Phone Post 3.0

Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

I usually scoff at rematches when someone gets ko'd, but McGregor was winning till he got caught and neither was at their best... This is one rematch I'd be game for. Phone Post 3.0

Conor vs Diaz is the #1 fight everyone (majority) want to see

Define derailed? He lost the aura of invincibility but will still be a huge draw. Phone Post 3.0

amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

I usually scoff at rematches when someone gets ko'd, but McGregor was winning till he got caught and neither was at their best... This is one rematch I'd be game for. Phone Post 3.0
How wasn't Conor at his best? Phone Post 3.0

Derailed? Lol. He is 1 fight removed from cleaning a division, a world champion and still the most talked about fighter in MMA.

Was Penn derailed as a LW going up to 170lbs?

People love to hate certain fighters - Mcgregor, Rousey, Cyborg...and enjoy the times when things don't go right, only to wait with baited breath for these moments when things DO go right. Phone Post 3.0

Conor still runs tings!

bmoney -
amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

When you have to stop training and just eat to pack on some extra weight you weren't planning on, it's going to effect how you perform. Phone Post 3.0

Derail his career?? He is more popular than ever and even Floyd is bringing him up the guy doesn't give a fuck about the hate he wants the money Phone Post 3.0

I thought Conor ran boxing tho?

I think he may have lost some of his luster, but that was inevitable eventually.  The key will be his next couple fights.  If it is Nate and Frankie/Jose, and he wins both of those, then he is back to being a living legend to many; if he loses both, then he will be forever branded as over-hyped and undeserving of all the attention he got.  If he splits those fights, then the debate continues.

fastnotch331 - Bigtrain2681

Cleaning a division usually means he's fought the top ten and beat them all. This is not the case. I don't care for Conor personally,but he is far from cleaning out the division. People are bitter about the easy road to the title he got, the no camp Chad fight doesn't hold the weight Conor's fans think it does, not giving aldo a instant re match( 10 year undefeated champ) and not fighting Frankie are reasons people don't like the guy. Then he never fought cub either,or lamas,and so on. So he has not "cleaned" out anything. Phone Post 3.0
Cleaning out a division means beating all contenders. He iced number 1, finished numbers 2 and 8.
Realistically he owes a fight to Edgar. Who else should he fight? Lamas (lost to 2 men Mcgregor finished), Stephens (2-3 in the same timeframe), Swanson possibly, but he's 1 fight removed from being finished by Holloway (who Mcgregor beat). That's it.

Then he is done with FW. Phone Post 3.0

Yea pretty crazy its still being talked. Also crazy is the thousands of threads on the subject and people are still creating them. yeap. Phone Post 3.0

amadeus -
bmoney -

When you have to stop training and just eat to pack on some extra weight you weren't planning on, it's going to effect how you perform. Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha, that's funny! He had to stop training?? Also, I thought he walked around close to 170 (at least that's what he was saying) anyway.. Come on, man! Phone Post 3.0

SpliffFranklin - I think it's a little premature to suggest that his career has been derailed Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 - Derailed? Lol. He is 1 fight removed from cleaning a division, a world champion and still the most talked about fighter in MMA.

Was Penn derailed as a LW going up to 170lbs?

People love to hate certain fighters - Mcgregor, Rousey, Cyborg...and enjoy the times when things don't go right, only to wait with baited breath for these moments when things DO go right. Phone Post 3.0

pure nuthugging idiocy. 

he hasn't remotely cleaned out anything at 45. 

the delusion is strong with you