Conor: Who knew one fight...

x9uv -
Bigtrain2681 - Derailed? Lol. He is 1 fight removed from cleaning a division, a world champion and still the most talked about fighter in MMA.

Was Penn derailed as a LW going up to 170lbs?

People love to hate certain fighters - Mcgregor, Rousey, Cyborg...and enjoy the times when things don't go right, only to wait with baited breath for these moments when things DO go right. Phone Post 3.0

pure nuthugging idiocy. 

he hasn't remotely cleaned out anything at 45. 

the delusion is strong with you

I can take or leave him as a character. I have no love or hate. That is why i can look at him and his achievements objectively. Phone Post 3.0

I don't care how many "fans" MMA has gained from him or how much exposure he's given the sport, I thought the UFC was doing just fine before Conormania. Yes, he's changed the game....but not necessarily for the better.... Phone Post 3.0

Lets face it, he was bigger than life, before the loss. Everyone was talking about him vs Lawler. Now he a guy that's an exciting fighter but isn't a threat at 155 no less 170. He got beat every way possible by Nate and looked clueless on the ground. He still gets hype like Ronda does but both are a loss away from being a big star.

he is still the champ

ranier wolfcastle -

he is still the champ

Tough not to be when you don't defend your title Phone Post 3.0

Not derailed at all.

It's just a handful of very loud individuals insulting him at every turn on forums.

They were wrong over and over and their rage came to a boiling point when he flatlined Aldo. They finally feel validated now that he lost a fight and they are getting their "I told you so!" fix.

It happens with all big name fighters. Phone Post 3.0

tkayjunior - I don't care how many "fans" MMA has gained from him or how much exposure he's given the sport, I thought the UFC was doing just fine before Conormania. Yes, he's changed the game....but not necessarily for the better.... Phone Post 3.0
How not for better? Nate is a millionaire off of one fight with the guy. One fight. Nate has fought in the UFC over 20 times and hasn't made nearly that much in his career during that span as he did with Conor that one fight. Conor has fought 8 times and has helped generate a little over half a billion in company revenue during that time because of his drawing power and talent. From a business perspective, he has definitely heightened the entertainment aspect of mma for better. Especially during his fights. That can't be denied.

If he goes back to 45, he runs the division. However, if he makes any weight moves north, different ball game and he won't be AS successful. He has changed the game for the better because he didn't lose and start talking about killing himself or getting Dee Devlin preggers to have a purpose in life. He got beat up in a fight, plain and simple. It's only been 6 months since he flattened Aldo with a 'lucky' punch and people are screaming that he is ducking a title defense. Aldo and Frankie will settle their score with a title eliminator fight at 200 next month and Conor gets the winner. All moves on. Phone Post 3.0

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - It's just a bunch of people that couldn't stand his success and the route he took getting happy about him losing. It's really weird imo, but normal. It's like a bunch of kids watching the wwf rooting for the bad guy to lose, then celebrating afterwards like they accomplished something.
A lot of these people couldn't stand Nate Diaz before this fight either. Phone Post 3.0
A lot of there people on here couldn't stand Diaz? And how Connor promotes fights is WWE style. The route he took was running his mouth saying he could and would beat anyone in any division. He made himself the villain and couldn't stand the blow back when he had to eat his words and got beat. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 -
fastnotch331 - Bigtrain2681

Cleaning a division usually means he's fought the top ten and beat them all. This is not the case. I don't care for Conor personally,but he is far from cleaning out the division. People are bitter about the easy road to the title he got, the no camp Chad fight doesn't hold the weight Conor's fans think it does, not giving aldo a instant re match( 10 year undefeated champ) and not fighting Frankie are reasons people don't like the guy. Then he never fought cub either,or lamas,and so on. So he has not "cleaned" out anything. Phone Post 3.0
Cleaning out a division means beating all contenders. He iced number 1, finished numbers 2 and 8.
Realistically he owes a fight to Edgar. Who else should he fight? Lamas (lost to 2 men Mcgregor finished), Stephens (2-3 in the same timeframe), Swanson possibly, but he's 1 fight removed from being finished by Holloway (who Mcgregor beat). That's it.

Then he is done with FW. Phone Post 3.0
By that logic Robbie also cleaned out his division. Beat Hendricks who many feel beat GSP. Beat the number 1 in Rory and Number 2 in Condit. Doesnt have to fight anyone else because Condit and Rory have fought and beat them. Phone Post 3.0

You guys are projecting the world you want to see. The guy is as big as he's ever been. Trust that.

Your post contradicts itself. Phone Post 3.0

Duke Cockhold -
Bigtrain2681 -
fastnotch331 - Bigtrain2681

Cleaning a division usually means he's fought the top ten and beat them all. This is not the case. I don't care for Conor personally,but he is far from cleaning out the division. People are bitter about the easy road to the title he got, the no camp Chad fight doesn't hold the weight Conor's fans think it does, not giving aldo a instant re match( 10 year undefeated champ) and not fighting Frankie are reasons people don't like the guy. Then he never fought cub either,or lamas,and so on. So he has not "cleaned" out anything. Phone Post 3.0
Cleaning out a division means beating all contenders. He iced number 1, finished numbers 2 and 8.
Realistically he owes a fight to Edgar. Who else should he fight? Lamas (lost to 2 men Mcgregor finished), Stephens (2-3 in the same timeframe), Swanson possibly, but he's 1 fight removed from being finished by Holloway (who Mcgregor beat). That's it.

Then he is done with FW. Phone Post 3.0
By that logic Robbie also cleaned out his division. Beat Hendricks who many feel beat GSP. Beat the number 1 in Rory and Number 2 in Condit. Doesnt have to fight anyone else because Condit and Rory have fought and beat them. Phone Post 3.0
Well we now have Lawler fighting a guy that will have sat idle for 18 months on a 2 fight streak and only 1 of those having been competed at at WW whilst the likely number 1 contender fight involves a fighter he has beaten twice.

So come to your own conclusions. Phone Post 3.0

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - It's just a bunch of people that couldn't stand his success and the route he took getting happy about him losing. It's really weird imo, but normal. It's like a bunch of kids watching the wwf rooting for the bad guy to lose, then celebrating afterwards like they accomplished something.
A lot of these people couldn't stand Nate Diaz before this fight either. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of people were not keen on him but if one negative syllable was uttered the ntuhuggers went absolutely berserk.  No matter what he said he was seen as some mma demigod.

People love to have a hero to worship.

Now things are a bit more balanced.

^ I hope everyone knows what a ntuhugger is.  :)

Only The nutthuggers didn't bive Nate a chance.Oh and Robin Black talking like he was the second coming of Bruce Lee. With his Angles, and timing beats speed precision beats power talk. I got my sn 

Banned for calling out Blacks expertise 

Turbo54 -

Only The nutthuggers didn't bive Nate a chance.Oh and Robin Black talking like he was the second coming of Bruce Lee. With his Angles, and timing beats speed precision beats power talk. I got my sn 

Robin Black...listens to what the majority say, makes a video of him saying fuck all new acts like he's letting everyone in on some secret shit.

Of course he was saying Mcgregor was gonna win. Phone Post 3.0

bmoney -
ranier wolfcastle -

he is still the champ

Tough not to be when you don't defend your title Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, it's been a whole 6 months since he flatlined the #1 P4P fighter in the world in the amount of time it takes to eat a piece of bacon. Clearly he's avoiding the division.

The dude has plenty of issues, but avoiding fights isn't one of them. Phone Post 3.0

Conor is a fake champ, not even planning to defending his belt.

amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

I usually scoff at rematches when someone gets ko'd, but McGregor was winning till he got caught and neither was at their best... This is one rematch I'd be game for. Phone Post 3.0
Conor had to stop training? Why are you making shit up? Phone Post 3.0