Conors popularity

It basically stems from the American attraction with the Irish and most Americans believing they are Irish.

If he was not Irish you Americans wouldn't be so sexed with him.

That being said he is a talented mother fucker and entertaining. However...

WAR DIAZ! 209 BITCHES!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Jones would be twice as big as Conor if he talked some of the shit Conor it talking. It's the attitude and ability to back it up

I agree with OP. Americans for whatever reason like to pretend they are Irish even though half of them couldn't point it out on a map or a globe. Phone Post 3.0

What's the attraction for all of us straight, non-Americans then? Phone Post 3.0

Diaz's attraction comes from middle class teenagers wanting to pretend they're cholo gangsters, lol. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - I agree with OP. Americans for whatever reason like to pretend they are Irish even though half of them couldn't point it out on a map or a globe. Phone Post 3.0
There are plenty of exceptions, I'm Puerto Rican and like most Latinos in the US, we have plenty of our culture in combat sports to be proud of. I just love the fact that he talks so much shit, it irritates the hell out of everybody, fighters and fans alike, so much so that they want to pay that Floyd Mayweather money to see his downfall. However, just like Jon Jones, I just love seeing the top guys and women silence doubters. Phone Post 3.0

wandFC12 -
Shy Guy - I agree with OP. Americans for whatever reason like to pretend they are Irish even though half of them couldn't point it out on a map or a globe. Phone Post 3.0
There are plenty of exceptions, I'm Puerto Rican and like most Latinos in the US, we have plenty of our culture in combat sports to be proud of. I just love the fact that he talks so much shit, it irritates the hell out of everybody, fighters and fans alike, so much so that they want to pay that Floyd Mayweather money to see his downfall. However, just like Jon Jones, I just love seeing the top guys and women silence doubters. Phone Post 3.0
I agree with that. Phone Post 3.0

mix headroom - Jones would be twice as big as Conor if he talked some of the shit Conor it talking. It's the attitude and ability to back it up
There's no way people would like jones as much Phone Post 3.0

95% of the first page threads have Conor's name in them right now

VU for posting excellence. Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand why when Conor shits on another fighter for having less money, people cheer.

I like him when he's training and interacting with fans, he seems humble and legit, but the press stuff is so disgusting to me. Phone Post 3.0

FedorEmilioEstevez - I don't understand why when Conor shits on another fighter for having less money, people cheer.

I like him when he's training and interacting with fans, he seems humble and legit, but the press stuff is so disgusting to me. Phone Post 3.0

You have to consider the very low level fan who is into those type of theatrics. Conor is essentially a WWE character. Now ask yourself, who likes the WWE? What type of adult is into the ridiculous story lines and follows the stuff? It's those same type's who it appeals to in MMA. Myself, I lie McGregor the fighter, but the low level trash talk he's been reduced to this time out is cringe worthy. He is trying way too hard and he really doesn't need to. The guy is reasonably articulate, he has some witty one liners, but he's really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time around, and it's going to generally appeal to those who are at the level he's delivering.

I don't believe Conor is a bad guy. He says the ridiculous stuff he says, because his fan base is at that level and that's what will work best on them. He could be really funny with clever wit, and with a slight sarcasm and tomfoolery. He may as well yell out "I slept with your sister!" That type of stuff comes across as funny to the buffoonery in his fan base.

OVER_HYPEDorUNDER_PAID - The same people who ride Conors dick so hard are the same people who hate Mayweather which is quite retarded imo

He's a cheap Mayweather knockoff with less than a fraction of the buzz or income Phone Post 3.0
Conor MacMayweather Phone Post 3.0

LiquidCobra - It basically stems from the American attraction with the Irish and most Americans believing they are Irish.

If he was not Irish you Americans wouldn't be so sexed with him.

That being said he is a talented mother fucker and entertaining. However...

WAR DIAZ! 209 BITCHES!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
Agree. Phone Post 3.0

It's because he knocks people the fuck out and has personality.

GGG is from Kazakhstan, and people love him in the US because he knocks motherfuckers out and talks like Borat

Mike Tyson was a criminal psychopath and people loved him because he knocked people out.

If anything, being Irish hurts Conor. Americans don't actually believe the Irish can accomplish much. If he were Irish-American like Mickey Ward, sure, but someone from Ireland isn't supposed to win on a world level; they're supposed to be the valiant loser, the guy who gets outclassed and cut up by the Latin American

Americans do make me cringe with that Irish crap Phone Post 3.0

Paul: hi what's your name?

Abdul: it's Abdul Mohammed, I'm an American but my sister's boyfriend is Irish so that makes !e one quarter Irish.

Paul: Shut up Abdul you silly fat wanker. Phone Post 3.0

SinCityHustler -
FedorEmilioEstevez - I don't understand why when Conor shits on another fighter for having less money, people cheer.

You have to consider the very low level fan who is into those type of theatrics. Conor is essentially a WWE character. Now ask yourself, who likes the WWE? What type of adult is into the ridiculous story lines and follows the stuff? It's those same type's who it appeals to in MMA. Myself, I lie McGregor the fighter, but the low level trash talk he's been reduced to this time out is cringe worthy. He is trying way too hard and he really doesn't need to. The guy is reasonably articulate, he has some witty one liners, but he's really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time around, and it's going to generally appeal to those who are at the level he's delivering.

I don't believe Conor is a bad guy. He says the ridiculous stuff he says, because his fan base is at that level and that's what will work best on them. He could be really funny with clever wit, and with a slight sarcasm and tomfoolery. He may as well yell out "I slept with your sister!" That type of stuff comes across as funny to the buffoonery in his fan base.
Good post mate, a rarity.

I heard a rumor on fight network that if he beats Nate, a super fight with GSP could be in the works. I'd love to see how he acts then.

But in the long run, eyes on the sport leads to more money for fighter which leads to more people wanting to fight which leads to more skills and a deeper talent pool - so I guess the WWE shit has an upside. Phone Post 3.0

So true lol Phone Post 3.0

FedorEmilioEstevez - 
SinCityHustler -

Good post mate, a rarity.

I heard a rumor on fight network that if he beats Nate, a super fight with GSP could be in the works. I'd love to see how he acts then.

But in the long run, eyes on the sport leads to more money for fighter which leads to more people wanting to fight which leads to more skills and a deeper talent pool - so I guess the WWE shit has an upside. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. That is an upside indeed