Console wars - who will win?(1995)

Found this old article online for some reason:

http://www.vidgames.com/ps/misc/mytake.txt

I enjoyed the N64 and it might have sold less but was more fun. Had Nintendo used CDs they would have done better - the main reason a lot of console owners opted for PS was they'd never used CDs as games before, it was novel and new. Plus, the CGI tricked many into thinking the graphics were amazing. Having CDs was a nice gimmick for most console owners moving from SNES or Mega Drive.

The Nintendo 64 did have a disc drive in Japan, but it was released late and never got many games

If you look on the bottom of your N64, you'll see the expansion ports for snapping into a 64DD

"Before you flame me, please understand that this is how I THINK it will
be. "

Did they say "flame me" back then?

Yeah, flaming was around before trolling

I remember reading an article by a woman who said she got flamed on newsgroups because it was a boys-only club and they didn't want to hear a woman's opinion on Star Trek

"The Nintendo 64 did have a disc drive in Japan, but it was released late and never got many games"

Yeah, but bascially Zip disks that held a fraction of the data as a cd but were writable.

You're right, I just looked it up and they only held 64MB. They also cost more than a CD, so I'm not sure what the point was. The 64DD did have an online network, so that would have been cool at the time.