Controversial Carano

Gina Carano came under fire recently for her social media posts pushing several dangerous conspiracy theories relating to COVID-19, the 2020 Presidential election, and the QAnon movement, which the FBI labelled as a “potential domestic terror threat.” Carano was trending on Twitter for the wrong reasons, with the #FireGinaCarano hashtag being used in response to the Mandalorian star’s far-right conspiracy mongering.

Carano also faced criticism after referencing R2-D2 and adding “boop/bop/beep” to her Twitter name in order to mock the use of preferred gender pronouns.

The former MMA fighter turned actress discussed the social media backlash on a mostly Star Wars-centric interview, saying she’s unsure why she has that negative effect on people.

“I’m going to stay around, and if my presence bothers you, okay, but also a lot of people are not bothered by my Twitter presence or my social-media presence,” Carano said. “So I focus more on those people. I don’t know, I bring the fire out in people. I bring stuff out of people and I’m not sure why.

“It happens in my family too, by the way, if I get involved in an argument, then people usually don’t talk to each other for a month, and we’re sorry.”

Carano also spoke about her passion and this “dream” she wants to fulfill, which seems to be centred on using her platform to spread similar ideologies. According to the Disney and Star Wars actress, people shouldn’t trust “machines” like “big news” or “big tech” and her goal is to let people know “where the news should come from.”

“I have a plan moving forward. I’ve just followed my heart up until now. I have a dream, that I actually want to fulfill. I have a dream, which has given me so much fire and focus. I want to encourage people like you,” Carano said. “You have a plan. You’ve been through a lot that people probably don’t even know about. I want to encourage like ‘this is where the news should come from.’ Whatever you want to do, I hope you do it, and I hope you have the confidence and the spirit to just embrace it, and go for it.

“Because we can’t rely on other people anymore. We can’t rely on big news, we can’t rely on big tech, we can’t rely on anything. We have to rely on who we’re meeting, and who I’ve met this year ... that’s where I’m going to get my news from, where I’m gonna support. I’m going to throw my support that way because that’s who we need to encourage, because we can’t keep on supporting these machines that are broken.”

After being criticized for spreading multiple false news stories and conspiracies, Carano decided to join the controversial social media app Parler, which is popular among far-right conservatives. The app has since been banned by Apple, Google, and Amazon for violating policies and allowing content that promoted crime and violence.

Near the end of the interview, Carano briefly spoke about freedom, which seemed in line with her previous anti-mask stance and COVID-19 conspiracies.

“Florida looks really appealing. Coming from California, it looks like it’s just amazing there,” Carano said. “I mean, are you guys roaming the streets freely as free human Americans?”

Carano, 38, was the previous “face of Women’s MMA.” She suffered her first career loss in 2009 against Cris Cyborg, then retired with a 7-1 MMA record.

After her fighting career, Carano had multiple acting roles in big budget films like Fast and Furious 6 and Deadpool, before landing a big role with the popular Star Wars series The Mandalorian in 2019.

![Gina Carano - Wikipedia](upload://oHjULs3wxhoFkShbN3AuiDYQ8u2.jpeg)

![Mandalorian actress Gina Carano called transphobic for Twitter stunt - Insider](upload://1PnrID7d6y8EMHGbR7bpqh9acRb.jpeg)

![Gina Carano addresses 'The Mandalorian' backlash](upload://xG2EOgawTr2eNxTtuO24kATyABP.jpeg)

2 Likes

Gina is entitled to her opinions but you would think with a sweet gig like Star Wars you might think about what you tweet.

4 Likes
BigTedBear - 

Gina is entitled to her opinions but you would think with a sweet gig like Star Wars you might think about what you tweet.

And eat. Just sayin

8 Likes
Son of Neckbone - 
BigTedBear - 

And eat. Just sayin

:)

She`s gotta be what 180 by now?

I see absolutely nothing controversial, just common sense.

8 Likes

what a moron, she'll be shit canned soon.. that and she can't act for a shit and looks ridiculous in Starwars

4 Likes

Id like to get a motivated bj from controversial carano.

5 Likes
inf0 -

what a moron, she'll be shit canned soon.. that and she can't act for a shit and looks ridiculous in Starwars

lol @ you calling someone else a moron!

7 Likes
inf0 -

Someone thinks different than me politically, must discredit everything they've done......

Libtards literally act like children every chance they get.

5 Likes

![](upload://4QsTJrxnyf7kiPWelLptef5OKik.gif)

1 Like

If she doesn’t fall in line with EXACTLY what the left wants you to say and think then she will never work in hollywood.

2 Likes

she’s definitely weighed more than melissa McCarthy in recent history. 

1 Like
HillboFrateTrane -

she’s definitely weighed more than melissa McCarthy in recent history. 

And Louie Anderson 

2 Likes

I'd love to disappoint Gina and those controversial extra caranos.

2 Likes

Love you Gina

1 Like