Controversial Technique For DUI Checkpoints

Video from the AP

Blue Namer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIKahML9v0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Willy

Quick recap:

Lawyer is advising people to enter sobriety checkpoints with their documents and a short note (headed, "I reamin silent. No searches. I want my lawyer") in a plastic bag outside their window, and to not roll down the window or answer any questions out loud.

Other lawyer says, "Hmmm, that's kinda pushing it."

So bloodshot eyes are enough of a reason to give someone a field sobriety test? I wonder what happens when you get that one cop who is pissed off at this and breaks your window and arrests you for disorderly conduct and a slew of other charges?

Fuck checkpoints.

If you lined up 10 people, and 2 of them were pretty drunk, would you need to talk to them or smell them to be able to tell from 2 or 3 feet away?

Fuck DUI

Hired Gun - So bloodshot eyes are enough of a reason to give someone a field sobriety test? I wonder what happens when you get that one cop who is pissed off at this and breaks your window and arrests you for disorderly conduct and a slew of other charges?
I was given a field sobriety test due to bloodshot eyes. Didn't give a shit because I don't drink or smoke, but the cops were massive dicks. Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - If you lined up 10 people, and 2 of them were pretty drunk, would you need to talk to them or smell them to be able to tell from 2 or 3 feet away?

not sure what your point is exactly?

Seems like a lot of pro drinking and driving advocates in this thread. Phone Post 3.0

The lawyer who created the card makes a fair point:

"Using this card requires you to be silent, it requires you to be patient and it requires you to follow instructions. And those are three things that drunk people are generally not good at"

Maybe I live in the wrong area, but I've never been through a "sobriety checkpoint".

SupesUp - Seems like a lot of pro drinking and driving advocates in this thread. Phone Post 3.0

I think it's more at 

"Quit violating my rights with your random stops bullshit".

The former DA is a retard. It's possible to have bloodshot eyes and not be drunk. That as an indicator is why attorneys such as the one in the video create flyers and shit like that. This shouldn't be a guessing game. If a cop see's someone swerving or in some manner breaking the law, they should be pulled over. But these indicators of having bloodshot eyes are even mumbling/sluring isn't indicative of someone under the influence. I sometimes slur or mumble and would take great offense to someone accusing me of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs because of it.

Blade Brown - Always have a bottle of viseen handy if you're going to drink and drive. You don't wanna give these pigs any reason to believe you've been drinking Phone Post 3.0
Good advice.

Or you could, you know, not be a fucking drunk driving asshole Phone Post 3.0

MayorPirkle - 
Blade Brown - Always have a bottle of viseen handy if you're going to drink and drive. You don't wanna give these pigs any reason to believe you've been drinking Phone Post 3.0
Good advice.

I'm not sure how these fucking losers are missing that a few random stops to take drunk or high fools from the roads isn't a bad thing.

Don't drink and drive.

Don't smoke and drive.

Don't be impared and drive.

End of fucking story.

SupesUp - Seems like a lot of pro drinking and driving advocates in this thread. Phone Post 3.0
Considering how low the amount to ruin your life if now it's justified. I'm not saying I have sympathy for people who get tore up and can't keep it between the lines but someone who has a couple drinks after work and blows a .09 because he gets caught in one of these traps is retarded. They keep lowering the amount because they need the revenue not because it makes it safer. Phone Post 3.0

Hemlock -
MayorPirkle - 
Good advice.

I'm not sure how these fucking losers are missing that a few random stops to take drunk or high fools from the roads isn't a bad thing.

Don't drink and drive.

Don't smoke and drive.

Don't be impared and drive.

End of fucking story.
I'm not even referring to anything in the video, I didn't even watch it. But advocating carrying Visine if you drink and drive to fool the pigs is disgusting. Voted down for being against drunk driving, this place is unreal sometimes.

I am in favour of anything that gets drunk drivers off the roads. A DUI checkpoint is the smallest inconvenience ever. Phone Post 3.0

Blade Brown - 
sewich -
SupesUp - Seems like a lot of pro drinking and driving advocates in this thread. Phone Post 3.0
Considering how low the amount to ruin your life if now it's justified. I'm not saying I have sympathy for people who get tore up and can't keep it between the lines but someone who has a couple drinks after work and blows a .09 because he gets caught in one of these traps is retarded. They keep lowering the amount because they need the revenue not because it makes it safer. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah it has nothing to do with safety, its about $$$$$ Phone Post 3.0

You are profoundly foolish.

TExting while driving is more dangerous.