Cop faceplants drunkard (lawsuit)

Police in Coldwater, Mich., are facing a federal civil rights lawsuit after one woman, 31-year-old Tiffany McNeil, claims that they used excessive force during her arrest in a brutal and bloody incident caught on camera, and then lied about what happened.

McNeil said that she was slammed to the ground and knocked out cold while handcuffed in a secure entrance to the county jail, the Detroit Free Press reports.

"It was absolutely egregious, disgusting, thuglike conduct," McNeil's attorney, Solomon Radner, said. "You don't expect that from police officers, and it shouldn't be tolerated."

McNeil's encounter with police started at her home earlier this year on July 24. Her husband called the police during an argument, according to the lawsuit filed this week in U.S. District Court. In the lawsuit, it is acknowledged that McNeil had been drinking at the time.

Things appear to have gone awry, however, at the Branch County Jail, where police officers and McNeil can be seen on video inside the secured entrance area of the jail. In the video, an officer, identified as Lewis Eastmead, can be seen holding McNeil, who is handcuffed against a wall, her face pressed against the structure.

Eastmead appears to use all his body weight to press McNeil into the wall. McNeil yells at the officer, who then drags her from the wall and slams her, face-first, on the ground, basically landing on top of her. At least five other officers were around at the time, standing nearby.

"I told you to relax," Eastmead can be heard yelling while kneeling on McNeil's back as she lay unmoving on the ground.

According to the Daily Reporter, the lawsuit claims that "Officer Eastmead then continued to yell at her to be quiet even though she was unconscious and bleeding profusely from her head. ... He did however yell at her lifeless body to 'roll over!'"

The lawsuit also accuses Officers Matt Schoenauer and Suleiman Sumbal, who were in the jail entrance area throughout the incident, of failing to protect McNeil during the incident.

When the officer rolls McNeil over, a pool of blood is revealed under McNeil's head, the video shows. Her handcuffs are eventually removed, while another officer checks for her pulse.

According to McNeil attorney Radner, McNeil had to be taken to the hospital, where she received 17 stitches for a cut over her eye. She also suffered from a concussion, the lawyer said.

The lawsuit further claims that after the fact, the officer and two others lied about what occurred on police reports (which seems like a pretty stupid thing to do, considering that they were taped). Also, according to the lawsuit, "the reports accused McNeil of being 'combative' and 'actively resisting' arrest before she fell to the ground." (All on her own?)

In addition to excessive force, the lawsuit claims unreasonable seizure, abuse of process and malicious prosecution. Eastmead and some dozen other officers and supervisors, including those who witnessed the encounter, have been named as defendants.

The lawsuit is seeking at least $75,000 in damages.

McNeil, for her part, was charged with domestic violence and resisting a police officer. She pleaded no contest to domestic violence, while officials dropped the resisting arrest charge.

The lawsuit claims that she was charged with a felony count of resisting a police officer only to justify the officer's brutal use of force and to pressure her into taking a plea bargain.

Radner said that McNeil has no recollection of what happened at the jail.

looks like she was already passing out when pressed up against the wall...

sawdusk - looks like she was already passing out when pressed up against the wall...

Good call. Nothing to see here.

Bassboats Budlight - 

Why would the other cops put up with this shit? 

If nothing else, Id be pissed at all the extra paper work.

They don't put up with it. You just didn't see the last part of the vid in which they all arrested the abusive cop. Remember, the majority of cops are good.

Similar thing happened to me. I got beat up by the cops while I lay asleep in bed. Then they charged me with assaulting an officer. Crooked cops everywhere. Makes me sick. 

I just don't see how you do that to someone, especially handcuffed. I have dealt with the biggest assholes and detained people trying to bite and grab my nuts and I never have resorted to that kind of thing in 30 year of doing security and running doors. That guy should never work in LE again. It is difficult to contain someone who doesn't want to comply but this lady was doing nothing to even warrant her to be taken down to the ground. 

The fact is the officer let his emotions get the best him so just imagine what else he could do when he takes his gun out

Hahah holy shit at that blood trail.

Earlier sarcastic statement aside, can any of the OG cops or cop groupies kindly point out the "good" cops in that incident?

There are five cops in that video. Since you guys claim the overwhelming majority of cops are good, and it's only like .0001% of cops that are bad, based on your own arguments, at the very least, four of those cops should be "good" ones. Can you please point them out for me? Thanks.

Arodjohns - Isolated incident.

#5,364,189,257

We live in the Authoritarian States of America.....anybody that doesn't realize it is in complete denial.

This is typically what happens when you become an empire and you value security over liberty.

The one who slammed her should be in prison and the others who just stood by should all be fired. There should be zero tolerance for this kind of shit

Throwin'Knuckles - 

Waiting for the same retards from the Miami cop thread to come in here and try and defend these cops. 

Did you see that I made the thread. I almost mentioned you in the OP. I was going to say: see Knucks, that's what actual excessive force looks like. If she was not handcuffed and slapped the officer and he punched her one time back, it would have been reasonable force, just like it was in Miami.

But hey he was under investigation so he must have done something wrong. Oh wait the investigation cleared him.

Throwin'Knuckles - 
Fake Pie -
Throwin'Knuckles - 

Waiting for the same retards from the Miami cop thread to come in here and try and defend these cops. 

Did you see that I made the thread. I almost mentioned you in the OP. I was going to say: see Knucks, that's what actual excessive force looks like. If she was not handcuffed and slapped the officer and he punched her one time back, it would have been reasonable force, just like it was in Miami.

But hey he was under investigation so he must have done something wrong. Oh wait the investigation cleared him.

Lol crooked cops clear crooked cop. Proves his innocence. You know how stupid that sounds. 

No I am not saying that proves his innocence. I am pointing out that you claimed the investigation itself was an indication he did something wrong. You were told that was a stupid position to take. You persisted. You now can't own up to taking that stupid position.

Throwin'Knuckles - 

Fake Pie I have seen plenty of police brutality. I've been to prison 3 times. You can't explain to me what brutality is. I've lived it.

Did you get to decide what was brutality under the law or was that determined by a court system involving lawyers, judges and sometimes juries?

Throwin'Knuckles - 

So in Fake Pie's opinion if the internal investigation clears a cop he is therefore innocent of any wrongdoing. Cops get off the hook constantly. A lot of the time with murder. 

That is not my position. I've never said that.

You however, did say:

"Again if I'm wrong why is he being investigated?"

As if the investigation itself was evidence of any wrongdoing.

Throwin'Knuckles - 
Fake Pie -
Throwin'Knuckles - 
Fake Pie -
Throwin'Knuckles - 

Lol crooked cops clear crooked cop. Proves his innocence. You know how stupid that sounds. 

No I am not saying that proves his innocence. I am pointing out that you claimed the investigation itself was an indication he did something wrong. You were told that was a stupid position to take. You persisted. You now can't own up to taking that stupid position.

Like I said you are playing word games.. You said he did nothing wrong.. I said he must have done something or they would be investigating it. 

"he must have done something or they would be investigating it. "

Do you now understand that an investigation doesn't = he must have done something wrong?

Otherwise, what would the point of an investigation be if the only outcome can be that someone did something wrong? Sometimes people have done nothing wrong, yet are investigated right? We have not guilty verdicts, right? We have people completely cleared and all charged dropped, right?

Do you understand what an investigation is?

It's like talking to a 16 year old.

You also have no idea what "word games" are.

The cop was just trying to get home to his family